Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have more than one baby daddy...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Say you have a kid with someone and that person runs off or vice versa and neither him or the family is around for the kid...Then you meet someone new and things are good and your expecting a kid with that one...His family is accepting of you and baby and showers you with lots of gifts and help with baby...Do/would you get upset because they don't treat your older kid the same as the baby?

I'll answer too...My older sons family is not there for him at all and the only 2 people he and I know are his dad and dads mom...My younger sons 'family' (not biological, but have been there since birth) have accepted my older son and younger son even though neither biologically belong to them...They are great with them all the time...Will take them, come to parties, we are invited to everything that they plan and they show my boys lots of love...I'm pregnant now and its biologically theirs and they have welcomed my little girl just the same...They are doing the same things they have always done for us and for the kids...

I just have seen a little on here of people getting butt hurt that the new family doesn't do much or anything at all for their kid/s that aren't biologically theirs...I just don't think I would let it bother me and complain about it...Its their choice to be accepting and as long as they are not mean to him I would move on from it.

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I think you should feel lucky that they accept your other two children with open arms & not put down moms who are "butt hurt" --- they are entitled to feel how they want.
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My df's family fully accepted my children as part of their family. Even if they didnt, I really wouldnt think anything of it. Oddly my daughters grandparents include my 3 other children (Im not with her father). If they didnt I wouldnt care.

mom2four1978
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Mothers hurt for their children. Its normal. Sometimes our feelings are hurt for our children even when the kids themselves don't care. So of course when a women sees that one of her children is no treated fairly or the same as another she feels bad and wants to make it right. And its extremely frustrating when she can't make it right because she can't force other people to do something.

So this is your explanation for why they are butt hurt as you call it. You are lucky the new family treats your child fairly.

GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I'm not in this position myself, *I'm married with DH & I's biological son* but I know for a FACT my family would accept DH's previous children if he had any. As long as they treated my family with a little respect they would absolutely never ever go hungry, without clothes, gifts, or an invitation to any family gathering. The way we look at it, if you're involved with our family, you are family.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)