Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm about to lose my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

and honestly, i dnt care. i hate my job- it gets me depressed, i'd rather physically hurt myself than go. most days, i'd rather kill myself than go. i've called off A LOT. i cannot stand being there, i cannot stand being yelled at, for doing teh same thign that other people are doing-- and then STILL being yelled at for NOT doing it, but being accused of doing it.

for example: we get a lunch break for 30 minutes, then 2-15 minute breaks. i NEVER take my 15 minute breaks unless a certain individual calls me- he's only allowed on the phone once during the time i'm at work- so when/if he does call, i only take 1 15 minute break. his calls are only 15 minutes long-- yet- i get yelled at for 'talking too much on the phone'.... but then the co-workers of mine, will gather around in a cubicle for AT LEAST 45 minutes and just talk- loudly. do they get yelled at? nope. not at all.

once, during my lunch break- i was on the yahoo website... i got yelled at for that... on my lunch break, but looking over at my co-worker's computer, he's ALWAYS on the sports page- watching current basketball highlights, etc.

in about 2 months, i hope i'll be debt free (minus student loans), and i think i'll be quitting after that.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Don't quit til you find a new job.  That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

0Kit0
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Exactly. Hang on a little longer unless they fire you first.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Don't quit til you find a new job.  That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

i dont know if i can handle it until i find another job. i have a somewhat good savings set up, plus i still have my tax return coming (it'll be over $1,000).... and my bills arent that high (about $300/month- half of which would be gone if i didnt work- i wouldnt need childcare- but the debt i'm trying to take care of is over $2000).

Quoting CoolRelax:

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

start looking for a new job now...especially if you are planning on quitting in two months anyway..maybe you will be able to get out of there sooner than you expected because of a new job opportunity!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont know if i can handle it until i find another job. i have a somewhat good savings set up, plus i still have my tax return coming (it'll be over $1,000).... and my bills arent that high (about $300/month- half of which would be gone if i didnt work- i wouldnt need childcare- but the debt i'm trying to take care of is over $2000).

Quoting CoolRelax:

Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Learning to spell might help you find a job you like. Just saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CoolRelax:

I understand where you're coming from, I've been there with a job that made me cry just driving into work.  BUT...it's easier to find a new job when you still have one.  Don't just quit.  I'm glad I didn't.  

The funny thing about my old horrible job, was that they treated me like an idiot but relied on me for just about everything.  It made finding a new job much easier.  I just looked at the old job as a well paid internship, lol.  It'll get better, but sometimes you have to ride the storm. 

supermom.sv
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

It is ok sometimes it happens. Please try not to do those things which increases pressure on the current situation if you want to stay for 2 more months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

lol if i fix my post, are you offering me a job? if not- take it as this is a vent, not a job application. not trying to impress anyone, ya know- especially on an anon CM post. =)

Quoting Aamy:

Learning to spell might help you find a job you like. Just saying.

GraceHudson
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Don't quit til you find a new job.

IndigoRose
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I've had terrible jobs.  

I've had jobs that were not only unpleasant but, had things about them that were illegal :  like only 1 five minute break per day ( laughable---almost ), you weren't allowed to sit down or even lean against the wall, the boss called everbody swear names, no lunch break, uniforms for certain people, but others didn't have to wear them, pyscho bosses who'd cry everytime there was a problem to discuss, screaming--- " You don't like me ! "  ( Of course, I dont !... )  >>>

Sigh !...  You have my sympathy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)