Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm about to lose my job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and honestly, i dnt care. i hate my job- it gets me depressed, i'd rather physically hurt myself than go. most days, i'd rather kill myself than go. i've called off A LOT. i cannot stand being there, i cannot stand being yelled at, for doing teh same thign that other people are doing-- and then STILL being yelled at for NOT doing it, but being accused of doing it.

for example: we get a lunch break for 30 minutes, then 2-15 minute breaks. i NEVER take my 15 minute breaks unless a certain individual calls me- he's only allowed on the phone once during the time i'm at work- so when/if he does call, i only take 1 15 minute break. his calls are only 15 minutes long-- yet- i get yelled at for 'talking too much on the phone'.... but then the co-workers of mine, will gather around in a cubicle for AT LEAST 45 minutes and just talk- loudly. do they get yelled at? nope. not at all.

once, during my lunch break- i was on the yahoo website... i got yelled at for that... on my lunch break, but looking over at my co-worker's computer, he's ALWAYS on the sports page- watching current basketball highlights, etc.

in about 2 months, i hope i'll be debt free (minus student loans), and i think i'll be quitting after that.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I know what you mean I got myself into a job that I hate.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yes, she will be getting job now that she has gotten advice from some random mom on the internet. shrugging

Quoting Aamy:

Learning to spell might help you find a job you like. Just saying.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
She get good job, ........ yeah she get real good job.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

Yes, she will be getting job now that she has gotten advice from some random mom on the internet. shrugging

Quoting Aamy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

damn even I made a mistake there. * She will be getting A job*

Quoting Aamy:

She get good job, ........ yeah she get real good job.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

Quoting Aamy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

i just now started taking my lunch break. i've been there for over a year now- and within the last few months, i started doing lunch breaks. we cant even eat at our cubicle b/c then we're technically working... so i have to go to my car to eat. and yea- apparently, my boss feels that i'm giving her the 'stinky eye' whenever i look at her. i RARELY look at her- i'm looking at the computers the entire work day- other than when i'm going to the bathroom, and she's out in the hallways talking with somebody else-- ya know, after leaving the 'hangout cubicle' where she stood and talked for over a hour.

i cannot wait to say a big FUCK YOU to this entire department.

Quoting IndigoRose:

I've had terrible jobs.  

I've had jobs that were not only unpleasant but, had things about them that were illegal :  like only 1 five minute break per day ( laughable---almost ), you weren't allowed to sit down or even lean against the wall, the boss called everbody swear names, no lunch break, uniforms for certain people, but others didn't have to wear them, pyscho bosses who'd cry everytime there was a problem to discuss, screaming--- " You don't like me ! "  ( Of course, I dont !... )  >>>

Sigh !...  You have my sympathy. 

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM
My best friend is a doctor. She checked almost 25 prostates yesterday.
Does your job still suck?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

umm.. yep.

other than everything i've already said..

1) your friend has a job in her degree/something that she wanted... my job is NOT in my degree, but no one is hiring right now, in my field. {i'm at the point where i'm thinking of going back to college for a completely different path}

2) she gets paid good money. if my job paid enough to live off of- and save- i wouldnt be complaining, but truth be told, i'm barely making $12,000/year. thats under $1,000/month. i cant even move out of my parents with this cuz the cheapest rent is about $600- and thats including the drive by shootings, gang activity, drugs, etc in the neighborhood.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

My best friend is a doctor. She checked almost 25 prostates yesterday.
Does your job still suck?

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

What did you go to school for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM
OMG you just described my job eveything
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM

computer aided drafting and design... graduated a year ago in march

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Anonymous:

What did you go to school for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)