Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm about to lose my job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

and honestly, i dnt care. i hate my job- it gets me depressed, i'd rather physically hurt myself than go. most days, i'd rather kill myself than go. i've called off A LOT. i cannot stand being there, i cannot stand being yelled at, for doing teh same thign that other people are doing-- and then STILL being yelled at for NOT doing it, but being accused of doing it.

for example: we get a lunch break for 30 minutes, then 2-15 minute breaks. i NEVER take my 15 minute breaks unless a certain individual calls me- he's only allowed on the phone once during the time i'm at work- so when/if he does call, i only take 1 15 minute break. his calls are only 15 minutes long-- yet- i get yelled at for 'talking too much on the phone'.... but then the co-workers of mine, will gather around in a cubicle for AT LEAST 45 minutes and just talk- loudly. do they get yelled at? nope. not at all.

once, during my lunch break- i was on the yahoo website... i got yelled at for that... on my lunch break, but looking over at my co-worker's computer, he's ALWAYS on the sports page- watching current basketball highlights, etc.

in about 2 months, i hope i'll be debt free (minus student loans), and i think i'll be quitting after that.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (21-26):
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Um.. But what exactly IS it? I've heard of "school of drafting and design" but I'm not quite sure what one does with that. Is it like art? CG art? Video games?

Like what are your certifications and computer experience? Maybe you can derail from what you studied and not have to go back for something totally different.
Like if you're good with computers maybe go get certain like A+, CCNA, Sec +, Net +, Microsoft,.. Yes they can be pricey just to take the test (can't imagine what the courses go for) but the company I work for has more people with certs less people with actual bachelors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM

its the associates- i wanted to go into the bachelors for construction management.. BUT! the 'institute' i got my degree from isnt really "accredited" (the businesses i applied to- dont accept students from there).... i was gonna transfer my credits to the college here and get the CM, but the credits dont transfer. (the institute started a bachelors program- but i didnt go- i'm sure it'd be the same... pay for the education and not get a job b/c employers dont view it as a real degree)

i've worked in adobe photoshop cs4, adobe illustrator cs4... autodesk: autocad 2008, inventor 2008/2010, revit 2008 and civil 3d 2008

my technical skills: architectural drafting, engineering graphics, civil drafting (gis), and 3D modeling (GIS- is a drawing about landscaping, maps, things like that)

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Quoting Anonymous:

Um.. But what exactly IS it? I've heard of "school of drafting and design" but I'm not quite sure what one does with that. Is it like art? CG art? Video games?

Like what are your certifications and computer experience? Maybe you can derail from what you studied and not have to go back for something totally different.
Like if you're good with computers maybe go get certain like A+, CCNA, Sec +, Net +, Microsoft,.. Yes they can be pricey just to take the test (can't imagine what the courses go for) but the company I work for has more people with certs less people with actual bachelors.

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM
u just need to be sneaker... like a ninja!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Why not use your cell phone and go to your car or break room?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

in what i originally wrote? for when i'm talking on the phone?

i dont answer my phone at my cubicle- i take it out to the back 'lobby'- which is right next to the restrooms. to take it to the car is to get an ID tag, then go to the car- come back in, return the tag and then go back to the desk. (getting/giving the ID tag takes a while- depending on who's there/working and if they are busy with other people)

i'm just mad that i'm getting yelled for taking a 15 minute phone break- when other people take BOTH their breaks, as well as conversing around other cubicles, not working for almost a hour... sometimes, it varies from once a day, to a couple times a day. but i'm the only one getting yelled at, for not working.

Quoting lowencope:

Why not use your cell phone and go to your car or break room?

lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Oh ok I see. Maybe go to HR??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)