Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, youre okay with public breastfeeding?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 79 Replies

What about public breast pumping? Is that cool with you ladies?

I am having to pump every 2 hours right now and I got to thinking...CRAP! What if I have to be away from home out in public?

Do I just whip out my crazy boob sucker machine and do it? Am I supposed to go hide in a bathroom?

I know a lot of people against public breastfeeding always mention how they will have to explain a baby sucking a womans breast to thier kids....I think someone sitting there with this contraption would probably be a whole lot harder to explain.

How to Pump Breast Milk

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bchic24
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I wouldn't mind the sight of it, but depending on where you are it would depend on if it is electric or manual. Some of the electric ones I've used were noisey! 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Don't care.

jonellg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM

pumping, no do it in private

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I would go into a bathroom and do it. Most pumps leave you much more exposed that a baby's head, plus it's crazy loud and would definitely draw attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
As long as you don't just whip your boob out idc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I don't care but I just don't wanna see someone's exposed breast in.public but I also never have so I say the majority of woman r discreet in public
kylismomma
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Quoting MamaJess9:

Lol I would go into a bathroom and do it. Most pumps leave you much more exposed that a baby's head, plus it's crazy loud and would definitely draw attention.

Exactly lol. I can discreetly breast feed in public when I need to...pretty hard to discreetly pump.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM
It wouldn't bother me, unless its one of the really loud ones. You can still put a cover over it, which I'd recommend, a pump shows more than a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
precious1114
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM
You can buy a sport bra and cut a hole to keep the things in place and buy a bigger shirt to hide them in its electric
A_Zmom
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM
This, or if it's not that loud use a cover of some kind

Quoting MamaJess9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured