Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Doesnt take away kids for no reason. They dont just come in to your housd say "hey we are taking the kids"this there is a reason. Ive read so many things on fb about kids getting taken away from a mom and people replied to it saying they do,or the state gets more money for each kid tbry take away. Thats not true. The government wants kids to stay with their parents as much as possible. My sister has dealt with cps so much and still hasnt taken her kids away so i dont see how people can say that other wise my sisters kids would have gotten taken away a while ago
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
nevaNabismommy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM
That is the truth, they said her children where out of control and she couldnt handel them because she was crying when the police sjowed up, her husband just went to jail and it was a bad day, she didnt hit her daughter even after she kicked my sister in the face while tring to remove her from the store, and wjo the fuck are you to say i am lying, i read the report, they where suppost to be placed in my home but they never even evaluated my home or family just placed them in foster care, which is aginst the law because i offerd to take them, go blow shit up someone elses ass, the stole her kids and wont give them back.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Um, sorry to break it to you, but they don't take kids away because they throw fits or the parent can't control them, thats not how it works, either you or your sister are not saying another part of the story.

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

Cps is a load of shit, my sister lost her kida for no reason, her daughter throw a fit because she wanted rain boots, was that a good reason, they said she couldnt control them, ive seen famikys that hace 10 kids none of which look bathed or have clean clothes bur they still have there kids. My sister has completed EVERYTHING they have asked ger to do but yet her kids are still in foster care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM

In general I agree with you...95% of the time there is a valid reason for the removal of a child or children...there is that 5% though where the social worker is in fact making a mistake and those cases do exist...I work within the system as a child advocate and have witnessed it. State laws also play a big part. In some states being a battered spouse can be a reasont o remove your children, even if you call the first time you are abused. Schools also play a big part in the mistaken removals as a lot of the calls where a mistake is made originate from a school or daycare.

Here is an example....one case I was listening in on (I was in the courtroom) the MAIN complaint the social worker had was that the mother could not get all 3 kids (2 year twins and a 1 year old) into their carseats at the same time. She was leaving them right by the car while she buckled them. There were other minor issues which would not have led to a removal. The social worker wanted the kids put up for adoption within 90 days of removal because the mother "Would never be able to perform this task" UMM...NO, MOST of us couldn't....the social worker felt it was a safety issue and showed poor parenting. Another case I witnessed involved a parent not knowing about a food allergy and the school calling for no epi-pen...when the child had never shown an allergy before.

It really depends on the social worker, the state laws, and other factors such as socioeconomic status and ethnicity......thankfully most social workers don't want to remove children, it's that small percentage that give them all a bad name....

futureshock
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My friends works for cps and she said that there have been tons of times she's seen kids removed when they shouldn't have been. Usually it is because a caseworker will focus on only one point instead of looking at the whole picture. She said one woman had her ds taken away for bruising. Took them MONTHS to get him back, because he was Asian and had a birthmark on his butt that looked like a bruise. The family gave cps a website about it and it was ignored. It's very common. Another case, the baby had a bruise on her arm from her baby carrier (it didn't fit the mom very well) and the kids daycare called and they removed the dd. not the other 3 kids, mind you. It took them over a month as well to get their dd back. And it goes the other way too. She's seen parents who get to keep their kids because there's no proof of abuse/neglect. Even tho it's obvious to people who kn ow the family.

I can see those things happening. Unfortunately the people who work for cps aren't always the brightest people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Quoting futureshock:

Why should they take her kids?

Her living conditions are unsanitary. There was food stuck to the floor, moldy food stuffed in a box, left in the table, trash flowing out on the floor, laundry all over, with a very very strong odor of cat urine and last but not least yelling and screaming while fighting with her husband. While she is at work he stays home but is always out smoking. Their daughters hair is always filthy ans never brushed. She is never bathed. And then they had a complaint for them doing drugs and my sister passed but my bil did not. All he had to say was well i do it away from the kids and come home when im clean. Really?
futureshock
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

No she picked her up and carried her to the car but the cleark had already called the cops

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nevaNabismommy:

Cps is a load of shit, my sister lost her kida for no reason, her daughter throw a fit because she wanted rain boots, was that a good reason, they said she couldnt control them, ive seen famikys that hace 10 kids none of which look bathed or have clean clothes bur they still have there kids. My sister has completed EVERYTHING they have asked ger to do but yet her kids are still in foster care.

The last thing you said is why i believe there was a good reasin. How did yohr sister react to the trantrum? Did she spank?

That cannot be the whole story.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Ilike cps and their mission though they arnt always successfully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Quoting ncbirdie:

CPS removes baby because Grandma smokes- http://www.khou.com/news/local/Grandma-says-CPS-removed-baby-from-home-because-she-smokes-130683228.html

you arent getting it! GRANDMA SAYS!!!!! THATS MY POINT! PPL SAY THEY DO, BUT I DISAGREE!
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Ok. So, parents who are in charge of their child's health don't get to know *what* their child's health is.  And it's ok to call the cops on parents because they want to try and have their child removed from the class during a time that something the parents deem inappropriate for their child is being taught.  It's also ok to court order a family to *only* take their child to church once a week.

While one might not agree with some of the parents' stances, the point of the video is that these parents aren't being ALLOWED to make their stance.  Things that should be the parent's choice are being forced.

Quoting LucyHarper:

That movies such propaganda, I've seen half of it so far and it's just taking parents whining about how their kids have a say in revealing medical records and how the school is teaching their children to accept gays and acting as if these parents are victims. Oh no, your public school wont let your child be sheltered and homophobic, boo them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

BOLOGNA! I wish I had the little talky thing so I didnt have to type a whole story out. 

BUT, my pastor and his wife had foster kids right now, and the STATE was getting their childsupport. NOT the foster parents (my friends). On top of that, one of the boys gets some sort of payment from his dad being a vet, and his payment got redirected to DHS. The mom and dad are NOT charged with ANYTHING. Infact, the reason they were taken away has nothing to do with anything that happened to the 2 little kids (they were 10 months and just turned 3... now they are 2 and going on 5). Her older kids were mad because she wouldnt let them do what they wanted (and she may have very welll went over board on a few things) but the government needs to STEP BACK.

I had cps called on me TWICE by doctors. Both times for not vaccinating. BOTH TIMES!!!! Im sorry, but if I get called on, and thats why, CPS shouldnt waste tax payer money checking it out. Its not illegal, and I shouldnt have a permanent record with the state for not vaxing. Grrrr. I hate cps. Let people take care of their own stinking kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)