Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just told my bf to choose. *update in OP*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
1 mom liked this

UPDATE: So His mom got the e-mail and texted him basically being a bitch about it calling me hateful and disrespectful etc and telling him "good luck in life, with that woman  you're going to need it". He e-mailed her telling her that he had "okayed" me to send the e-mail and that he had agreed with what I said. He defended me and said that if she had simply apologized to me and been a nice person to me none of this would have happened and that it was her fault, not mine and that as his partner it's my job to protect me and stand by me. They e-mailed back and forth a few times with her being a psycho-bitch and him coming to my defense and not buying the crap she was dishing out.He even called her out on some stuff that didn't have to do with me and at the end she said he was hateful and disrespectful and not to e-mail her back. After the e-mails he is fine with her not being in his life. She finally pushed him to his limits. We are happy together and having her gone just means less drama. We were sitting at my parent's house today with my family and the kids there and we were snuggling outside watching everyone play and he looked so happy and smiled at me and said "this is my heaven." I know that he and I will be fine even though we had to cut those two toxic people out of our lives. So say what you will but we're going to be fine.

My bf has bought me a ring and wants to propose.  I tried to get along with his mom and his sister at first but they are just horrible people that I don't want to be a part of my life or my family. So basically I said that If he wants to be with me then he needs to cut them 95% out of his life. Basically no taking time away from me or our family to go see them or talk to them, no talking about anything going on in our lives with them, no spending holidays with them, not even mothers day. He still has his stepmom and his brothers and sister on his dad's side. He still has his grandparents and aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews on that side. I just want him to have bare minimum communication with his mom and his one sister.  He has agreed to that and she will be finding out shortly because I wrote her an e-mail stating how things are going to be and why. Shit is gona hit the fan when she reads it. Honestly, I do not usually have trouble getting along with people, even in-laws. I got along with my ex- in laws very well, even my ex husband and I are good friends. It's just these women are terrible. So anyway... We'll see what happens when she reads the e-mail. I just can't decided if I'm going to let them come to the wedding or not.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
13 moms liked this
Way to start out the marriage out on the right foot! O.o
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Sounds pathetic. I don't get along with my in-laws (the women are toxic) and would never set that ultimatum! PS been married for 13 yrs, sooo you can be married and not get along with in-laws successfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
16 moms liked this

Wow, you sound like a bitch.

This will backfire on you.  You should have let him tell them.  Unless he can't, in which case I can't imagine why you would want to marry someone who can't stand up to his family.

amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
What makes them so terrible??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

What is wrong with him seeing his mother w/o you? He has a right to have a relationship with his mother and should not have to make a choice. I damn sure wouldn't marry you.

Xat
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never ask my dh to choose between me or his family. His mom and I didn't get along at all for the longest time. She even offered to buy him any car that he wanted and to pay for his college and all living expenses while he was in college as long as he didn't marry me. He turned her offer down and it took several years for us to get along. We have been married for almost 9 years now and his mom and I have been getting along pretty well for the past 2 years now.

fraujones
by Mommytron on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

How are they horrible people? What have they done to you?

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Do you really truly think this is a good idea?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NVL0707
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope he chooses them over you! What gives you the right to make him cut out HIS family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with that, sounds like trouble.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured