Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do YOU do?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So what do you do?

Do you work at home? Do you work in an office? 

I feel like I am at a total loss of what I want to do for a career so I thought I'd see what some of you ladies do ... maybe something will spark an interest ... maybe not but we'll see. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Until I have all the kids I want and get them in school I stay at home. After that I want to co-own a healthy living center. Yoga, Pilates, vitamin shop, acupuncture. And whatever else I can add.
cmeeso
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I'm supposed to be in HR and/or OH&S Coordinator.

However, I'm going to continue to be a SAHM for the next year before I get back on track with my career.

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I think i will have to look into that. what i am going to school for now . i kind of loss a passion for it. but this job would be great since i've have been through lung problems before and could relate with the people better.

Quoting AllieReed:

Yes, it was an awesome job. You have to do core curriculum & then my Resp school was a 2 yr program. I worked in the Emergency Room & Surgical/Trauma ICU most of the time before I became supervisor. I loved trauma & miss it. Critical care & ventilator management were my favorites, it's a very rewarding job.

Quoting lovelife350:

I think i had one a respiratory therapist when I was in the hospital with lung problems, she was very nice. cool job. i think i will have to look into that. what type of training did you have to do?

Quoting AllieReed:

SAHM now, but I was a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years & loved it!

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm a CRNA, a nurse anesthetist.

I am finishing up my internship from 5am-8am Monday-Thursday until June.  When I am done I will have enough credits that I won't have to work and can get my re-certification in two years.  After my youngest who is 6 months is in school I will work full time.  I love it so much.

I am home by the time my kids are awake so I am a sahm.

momofmany86
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I'm a homeschooling mama.
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I am a SAHM and loves it ....

storres10
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I used to work @ an office but I re-located & took my job with me so I work from home now. Working in an office is great because you can be around other adults and get out of the house but every office has it's drama & I like to stay out of it. Working from home can be a little depressing and lonely at first but I get to spend more time with my kids when they're not in school &  I don't have to worry about expenses on work clothes, gas & toll so I'm happy with it.

emeraldangel20
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM

right now i stay home but i'm going to be a student in the fall

SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Quoting ColieO:

I work part time. I sell cell phones. I adore my job. It doesn't sound all that promising but I make good money, I'm respected, I'm not micro managed and I'm good at it.

How did you find this job?  What are the requirements? Sounds like something I could do.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM
In the classifieds. Lol. The company I work for is marketsource though. They are national.

Quoting SnookiBoo:

Quoting ColieO:

I work part time. I sell cell phones. I adore my job. It doesn't sound all that promising but I make good money, I'm respected, I'm not micro managed and I'm good at it.

How did you find this job?  What are the requirements? Sounds like something I could do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)