Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
All you mamas...

How did you find out you were pregnant? When did you first experience symptoms? How old were you? :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chas1217
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I found out I was pregnant with my Ds by fluke really. I went to a new dr (for a knee injury) and he was writing me a rx for pain meds and wanted to do a pregnancy test before he gave them to me, he came back into the room and said "I'm sorry I can't give you anything for your knee but you're pregnant, congrats!" I just about died. My best friend still says she wishes she would have had a camera to take a picture of the look on my face when he told me lol. I found out probably the earliest I could, the line on the test was a "faint line" so they did blood work just to be sure. I found out on april 2nd and my Ds DD was Dec 11th :)

tifbrown
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM
With my first I was 19. I was neausous and my hubby just knew. My first few tests the lines were faint, but there was no denying they were there. With my second I was 20. The first realistic, crazy dream I had I knew. A few days later I bought a test and sure enough it was positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I was on a international flight and couldn't stop puking, it was hell! I was about a month along I guess. I was 24

With the next one I just know, I swear I felt the egg attach lol

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM

1st. I was 19 and 2 weeks pregnant. I just knew... no bc

2nd I was 24 and a smoker. The smoke made me sick! Married - no bc

3rd. Had no clue for a few months then I realized my period wasn't coming. The Patch had failed.

TiaraDW
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I was smoking and a feeling came over me and I just knew. I was 19

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM
With my son I finally went in to the doctor because I'd been nauseated for several weeks. I'd taken 3 tests which were all negative. So I figured it was something else. They told me there I had a uti and I was like oh ok. That makes sense. Then he asked me if I was allergic to anything and I told him sulfa. He goes "ok. No problem. I have something else I can prescribe that won't hurt the baby." I kinda laughed and was like "huh what?" He thought I'd known. I was about 10 weeks along.

With my daughter I knew the night I conceived. I just had a very strong feeling. About 2 weeks after she was conceived we were at Carls Jr eating and I suddenly felt really sick. That confirmed it for me.

I had a miscarriage between my kids. I found out I was pregnant when I went to go in for a colposcopy. That was a huge shock. I'd only had my birth control out for 6 weeks. I miscarried a week and a half later though. I was considered 8 weeks along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM
With me the time I'm suppose to get my period I get this butterfly anxious tingling feeling in my tummy that doesn't stop. When I get that I know I'm pregnant. Has happened with every kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I had no clue. I was 3 weeks late, but at the time that was normal for me, even while on bc. The only symptom I had was that I was tired. My sister in law bought a test for me because she had a dream. I told her that I'd take it just to prove her wrong and sure enough I was pregnant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured