Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When you see someone walking into the welfare office?

Posted by   + Show Post
How do you feel about them? What are your thoughts? What assumptions do you make?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Replies (51-60):
anon1986East
by Kali on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? You assume they are cheating the system if they have nice clothes? A lot of people on PA have nice clothes, a lot of the time it's because they know how to look for deals, or they know how to shop at thrift stores. The Goodwill and Salvation Army stores also have a lot of nice clothes for cheap prices.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have room to talk because I used to be on welfare... but I will admit, when I see someone walking through the door at the welfare office I automatically look at them like "low-class" citizens (yes I realize I have been in that catagory). A lot of them don't know how to clean up to look presentable in society, and it makes me feel sorry for them. And for the few that do look presentable, i think to myself: "I wonder how they are cheating the system", or I wonder how they can afford to wear the nice clothes when they are needing PA!

Sweets27
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Quoting TerrorMom:

There's not one in my town, BUT I don't judge anyone who needs the system. It's there for a reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Oh look Annie is at it again..

Quoting Anonymous:

Ty

I read your past posts.. get the fuck off medicaid before you start bashing welfare users like yourself.

TrouserMouse
What would you think if they went in that way?

Quoting AllieReed:

I don't know where ours is, but I wouldn't think anything unless they were all dressed with jewelry & their nails done. Shoot, I need my nails done right now, but it's not in the budget!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Diddles.
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I do not even know where the welfare office is. I would not judge either. For all I know they could work there or be on hard times. 

.Pagan.

our office is by the courthouse in a busy downtown area so its pretty easy to drive or walk by that area when you are out and about

Quoting PEEK05:

Right, so if you were in the office as well, you would be included in "them", would you not?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Obviously, you would have to be in or near the welfare office to see people going in.

Quoting PEEK05:

I was going to say, how would you see someone walking into the welfare office if you weren't in the welfare office as well??

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't visit the welfare office so I can't really say.

clusterkid

i feel sad for them. My thoughts go back to when I had to make that walk into those offices after my son died because we needed help badly and I hope that what has brought them there is not as tragic as what took me there.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I don't even know where the welfare office is. So I can't answer this lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont feel any differently. i dont think about it. and i make no assumptions.

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Theyre either "nasty" and crucified if they wear their PJs in public, but god forbid they dress nice either!

I guess they should just be naked and wear a cardboard box.

Quoting anon1986East:

Really? You assume they are cheating the system if they have nice clothes? A lot of people on PA have nice clothes, a lot of the time it's because they know how to look for deals, or they know how to shop at thrift stores. The Goodwill and Salvation Army stores also have a lot of nice clothes for cheap prices.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have room to talk because I used to be on welfare... but I will admit, when I see someone walking through the door at the welfare office I automatically look at them like "low-class" citizens (yes I realize I have been in that catagory). A lot of them don't know how to clean up to look presentable in society, and it makes me feel sorry for them. And for the few that do look presentable, i think to myself: "I wonder how they are cheating the system", or I wonder how they can afford to wear the nice clothes when they are needing PA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN