Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pain management mamas. I have a question

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 15 Replies
Tomorrow i'm having a cystoscopy done to remove a renal stent. They did not give me any instructions at my last visit. Today they called me to confirm my procedure and asked,"you haven't taken any aspirin this week right?" I explained that no one told me that..but ive been taking percocets because the pain was so unbearable. She said she had to ask the Dr but i'm wondering if anyone knows if there is aspirin in percs? I googled the active ingredients in percs but my phone is acting stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonellg
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM

not straight percocet, but they do make mixtures like percodan

weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Its acetaminophen that they mix with percocet most commonly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM

It can contain it.  It usually contains acetaminophen, that is where the 3/525 comes from (the 525 part).  If that is how yours is prescribed I would assume you can take it.   It's is usually mixed with something and sometimes it's aspirin.  Call the pharmacy that filled it and ask them.

I was a pain management nurse, if you have any questions pm me.

T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM
My DS has had those. Ugh they are painful. Is it a ureteral stent?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I haven't taken percadon..its straight perc

Quoting jonellg:

not straight percocet, but they do make mixtures like percodan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Yes. I have chronic hydronephrosis of the left side. when I was pregnant I had an episode so bad that caused pleura effusion up to My lungs. I was on a bipap in icu.. Scariest freaking thing. My o2 sat was only 79/80.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Good idea..ill call the pharmacy.

Quoting Elyce225:

It can contain it.  It usually contains acetaminophen, that is where the 3/525 comes from (the 525 part).  If that is how yours is prescribed I would assume you can take it.   It's is usually mixed with something and sometimes it's aspirin.  Call the pharmacy that filled it and ask them.

I was a pain management nurse, if you have any questions pm me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM
My DS has Severe Bilateral Hydronephrosis and Chronic Kidney Failure. He has had stents, Nephrostomy tubes, and nothing has ever gotten the dilation to go down. That is so scary about the pleural effusion!! How is your function? Do they know what caused the hydro? DS had Grade 5 Bilateral VUR and a urethral birth defect.

Quoting marinenonstop:

Yes. I have chronic hydronephrosis of the left side. when I was pregnant I had an episode so bad that caused pleura effusion up to My lungs. I was on a bipap in icu.. Scariest freaking thing. My o2 sat was only 79/80.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my last nuclear scan two Weeks ago shows my left st 50 percent. My right is good. Im tech considered acute renal failure. Im so sorry for your son. I've had this my entire life and I know the pain it causes... Its worse than labor. I could never imagine having it bilaterally...im so sorry. *hugs*

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

My DS has Severe Bilateral Hydronephrosis and Chronic Kidney Failure. He has had stents, Nephrostomy tubes, and nothing has ever gotten the dilation to go down. That is so scary about the pleural effusion!! How is your function? Do they know what caused the hydro? DS had Grade 5 Bilateral VUR and a urethral birth defect.

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Im glad that your right side is good. Its a horrible painful existance sometimes. DS used to get constant
Kidney infections but thankfully since he got a urinary diversion that is working well he has been infection free. Im sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you feel alot better once the stent comes out!! Big hugs to you too!! :)

Quoting marinenonstop:

Well my last nuclear scan two Weeks ago shows my left st 50 percent. My right is good. Im tech considered acute renal failure. Im so sorry for your son. I've had this my entire life and I know the pain it causes... Its worse than labor. I could never imagine having it bilaterally...im so sorry. *hugs*

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Quoting marinenonstop:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN