Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a stomach bug going around???(TMI)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I woke up Sunday feeling very flu like: aching body, chills, fever, nauseated. I had no appetite, but tried to eat a little toast and drank lots of water and gatorade. Sunday night, I vomited. I felt TONS better.

Woke up Monday, felt fine, but exhausted. Still no appetite.

Woke up Tuesday had horrible diarrhea, like I was pooping water. Like peeing out of my butt. My stomach was rumbling terribly. Still didn't have an appetite.

Woke up today, Wednesday, feeling very bloated and gassy. The diarrhea seemed to have passed, until about an hour ago. The rumbling is back and so is the watery poop. It's back with a vengeance!

Is this going around? I don't have money for the doctor, unless it's 100% necessary. I don't want to go and them say, "Oh, it will pass. There aren't any meds for this."

Any help??
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Bump!!
rebeccasmommy09
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM
My dd just went through something similar. She was more tired than normal, had diarrhea and would vomit every 2-3 days until the last few days when she vomited every day. It lasted about 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM
My son and I just went through that...now it's daddy's turn :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago.  It was terrible.

LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I'm having tummy pains today, maybe there is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsmummy20
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM

OMGOODNESS!!! You just described what is going through here. Only 3 weeks ago my husband and daughter thew up on a saturday, felt better sunday.... fast forward to the FOLLOWING sunday... Son poops his pants (he is 5, it was water!) and daughter throws up again!?!?! Monday I am nauseated, but dont eat and just lay... Tuesday husband gets sick again throwing up (this is a week and a half later now) and is sick wednesday... Along with my other son. Everyone at this point is pooping water but my littlest.... Thrusday night my daughter throws up AGAIN (this is now saturday, following sunday and the thursday!? SERIOUSLy!!!!)... And I am nauseated again...  FINALLY it is now wednesday and no one but me is pooping water lol....

Wydowness
by Kusabi on May. 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM
My dd & dh just went through that too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM
That went around up here (idk where ur from but I'm in ma) my ex was put on antibiotics for it. Its some kind of bacterial infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Wow. Seems like something is going around. I'm praying my kids and DH don't get it!

DH drives for a living and could not have this!!

DS has had a few yucky diapers today, so I'm worried he might be next. :-/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I'm in TX. I'm hoping I don't need antibiotics. They always make me feel yuck.

Quoting weirdkids:

That went around up here (idk where ur from but I'm in ma) my ex was put on antibiotics for it. Its some kind of bacterial infection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)