Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you have done???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Okay I am the baby sitter to my mother in law'a kids.
One of them (8yrs old) Punched me, kicked me, slapped me in the face ,and threw a large rock and it hit me in the mouth ( IN PUBLIC!)
If she was my kid I would've busted her ass, but I can't. What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Called the mother immediately and report the behavior. And if I were you I would find out wot kind of punishments you can use and start utilizing them. If you aren't provided with any options I would stop watching he child.
megangary
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Call the mother and quit watching the kid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM
I would have called her mom ASAP
tifbrown
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Busted her ass.

Since that seems a bit inappropriate I would have called her mother and had her tell her mom herself what she had done. And, then I would have explained to the mother that I find this behavior to be completely inexcusable and unacceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm...NEVER baby sit the demon spawn again.

PEEK05
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Called the mom and tell her to come get her kid NOW and that I will no longer be watching her child for her.

danijean
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Stop watching her immediately! You shouldn't have to out up with anyones kids who act a fool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejem
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I would have smacked that ass
supermom.sv
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quit baby sitting immediately. call the mom and tell that you can't baby sit any more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Take her out of the public place immediately, and take her home. Remain Calm, but  tell her firmly that her behavior will not be tolerated by you at all, and send her to her room, making sure you remove t.v., music, video games, etc. Have her stay there until you can speak with her mother and discuss how she wants this kind of behavior handled. If you are going to continue to care for this child, you have to let her know that you are in charge, and let her know how you expect her to act. If she is used to getting away with acting like that it may take a few times with consistent conseuences for her to understand that you mean business, but you will earn her respect. Show her that you care and that you can have fun together, but only when she is behaving appropriately. Good Luck!!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)