Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i spanked my 16 month old....:-( Edit!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Am I horrible mommy?my dd is 16 months and she screamed for 2 hours over everything.like she screamed bc my feet were on the ground she screamed bc I gave her a cup she screamed durring her bath(which she never does) just one tantrum after another...I know she wasn't hurt or hungry or anything else she was just in a pissy mood...so I spanked her...not hard but as soon as I put her down she went and got her baby and cup and went to bed.she stopped crying as soon as I spanked her....

Edit!

For everyone who is taking up for me thank you...it was ONE tap on her diapered butt

For those who say put her in her crib and walk away her crib is lowered all the way and she climbs out before I even get to the door and she tries climbing her dresser and book shelf so I can't just leave her alone
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
And what's that make you?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
She gave the child a tap on the butt she didnt beat the child with a belt

Quoting Paperfishies:

Agree. At 16 months children don't cry just to cry. They can't properly communicate at that age, crying Is a means of communication.

How wonderful, hitting a child because they are having a bad day.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you spanked her because she was having a hard time that day? How sad. I feel bad for your baby girl...sounds like she needed her mommy to comfort her and help her to get through a rough day but you spanked her..... yes you should feel pretty shitty. I am against physical abuse and that is awful what you did. dont ever post about beating your kids again, i dont want to read that crap. abuse is never the answer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
thank you

Quoting blakesmommy123:

You need to stop the child abuse statements! It was a lite spanking & its not beating her child its called showing her she can't throw fits all the time!

Don't give yourself a hard time over a little spanking, you are just showing her she can't act like that!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you spanked her because she was having a hard time that day? How sad. I feel bad for your baby girl...sounds like she needed her mommy to comfort her and help her to get through a rough day but you spanked her..... yes you should feel pretty shitty. I am against physical abuse and that is awful what you did. dont ever post about beating your kids again, i dont want to read that crap. abuse is never the answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Great parenting, smh!
lovemyairman150
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Oh shut the hell up! That's not "beating" and her dd obviously didn't want her mom to comfort her. Just shut up. All you had to say was "not what I would've done." or even better, NOT RESPOND AT ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
thank you

Quoting blakesmommy123:

You need to stop the child abuse statements! It was a lite spanking & its not beating her child its called showing her she can't throw fits all the time!

Don't give yourself a hard time over a little spanking, you are just showing her she can't act like that!

Quoting Anonymous:

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Kids scream and throw tantrums. Its their purpose to life.

I spank occasionally. I would NEVER spank a child that young. They will learn nothing from it.

Maybe instead of hitting a baby you could be a mom and figure out why your child is crying ie earache, tummy ache, constipated etc. SMH

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting Paperfishies:

Asshole.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I still believe it is abuse and terrible. At 16 months, new teeth are still coming in, perhaps her gums bothered her. Maybe she was just having a bad day and mommy hit her, instead of comforting her.

Quoting Anonymous:

She gave the child a tap on the butt she didnt beat the child with a belt

Quoting Paperfishies:

Agree. At 16 months children don't cry just to cry. They can't properly communicate at that age, crying Is a means of communication.

How wonderful, hitting a child because they are having a bad day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I dont agree with spanking out of pure frustration. That kind of behavior can lead to child abuse - or taking things too far. If you're that frustrated put her in her crib and walk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)