Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Of course I expect a Mothers Day gift, anyone else?

Posted by   + Show Post

All the posts I see everyone seems to just say they expect time with their kids or like a hand made card.

I expect something from dh and the kids in the form of a gift. This month has been tight financially due to circumstances but I am still getting a little something.

Anyone else celebrate holidays with gifts? Has it become a faux pas?

Oh and dh expects a gift on fathers day. He even has added to his Amazon gift list all year so I can choose form it and he can still be kind of suprised.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
horselvr_7
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't expect anything. I haven't gotten a gift from DH since early in our marriage. After that things got really tight financially and now I will at least get him and other people cards and stuff but I don't even get that. My kids are too young to even understand the concept so I don't expect anything. I have to say it kinda bumms me out to know that I'm not gonna get anything. I feel like I would like to at least be acknowledged in the fact that I do a lot for our little family. I know my mom will probably at least get me a card but I don't think anything else will happen. ....I would love to be wrong and totally surprised but chances aren't good for that. Hope everyone else has a happy mothers day!

opal10161973
2 moms liked this

Here's your gift!

Simple-Beauty
If history repeats itself, I'm certain I'll get something. I have a very considerate husband <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RGladson
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I didn't expect a gift, but I got a tablet. Our anniversary is Friday, though. Dh kind of killed two birds with one stone. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshMomToShawn
I don't want anything for mothers day. Hugs and kisses aside. I dont care if anyone else does though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM

What kind? I have wnated some for a long time but everytime I have fun money I wind up spending it on something else.

Are they hard to care for, like referring to washing your hair and stuff?

Quoting Adamsmommy602:

I got hair extensions ;/ lol I love them though but I will be getting flowers.

USCmomax4
I feel extremely loved and appreciated everyday! MY Dh is awesome, he buys me gifts just because! ,But on Mother's Day my dh and kids spoil me, and why not, it's Mother's day! :)

Quoting jandyrodax:

No, I don't expect a gift. Sometimes I get one sometimes I don't (depending on finances). Either way my husband shows me love and appreciation all throughout the year. I don't need a gift on a specific day to show that I am loved or appreciated. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM

i dont expect anything

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I'm not gonna lie, its nice to get a gift. My hubby loves to spoil us, so I usually get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deb1au
No all iwould like is for someone to cook for me. Dont need gifts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN