Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Of course I expect a Mothers Day gift, anyone else?

Posted by   + Show Post

All the posts I see everyone seems to just say they expect time with their kids or like a hand made card.

I expect something from dh and the kids in the form of a gift. This month has been tight financially due to circumstances but I am still getting a little something.

Anyone else celebrate holidays with gifts? Has it become a faux pas?

Oh and dh expects a gift on fathers day. He even has added to his Amazon gift list all year so I can choose form it and he can still be kind of suprised.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (501-510):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quoting jandyrodax:

No, I don't expect a gift. Sometimes I get one sometimes I don't (depending on finances). Either way my husband shows me love and appreciation all throughout the year. I don't need a gift on a specific day to show that I am loved or appreciated. 

Same here :)

HalfPint45
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I Dont expect a gift from my daughter, The only gift she could give me is being a part of me. I am so happy she has came into my life. She gave me 2 beautiful Grandchildren and a Step Grandson. 

emeraldangel20
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

i dont

ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

NO, I don't expect anything at all. I got my cards the kids made me in school and love them. It's just a normal day here, scouts, sports, DH working, but it was sweet to get the acknowledgment. 

kathislove80
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I do. Even something small. I don't think its being greedy. My dad always helped me buy something for my mom when I was little. I always made her something too, but she got a "real" gift as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Oh and I feel the same way about father's day. I will get SO something and when our son is old enough he will make his dad something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbrizzee
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I think a gift looses its value when it is expected. It is always nice to receive a gift but honestly I would rather receive a gift on a random day and be superised than receive a gift on a hallmark holiday because someone felt obligated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaNoonoo
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
We don't usually exchange gifts - my dh and I - but we buy what we want when we can afford it. Just not how we are.

My dd is the most excited by any holiday and always "makes" gifts for everyone. Sweetest five year old I've ever met :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KColeman90
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Quoting jandyrodax:

No, I don't expect a gift. Sometimes I get one sometimes I don't (depending on finances). Either way my husband shows me love and appreciation all throughout the year. I don't need a gift on a specific day to show that I am loved or appreciated. 

same for me

shell3m
by Shell on May. 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM

We do handmade gifts.  Spending time with my family is just what I want, so getting their cute handmade gifts are extra special.  Nothing material can EVER take the place of that.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)