Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think my sister is mad at me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My sister invited me to dinner tonight and while I was there I was talking to my niece she's 15and I asked her about her grades. She told me she was failing some of her classes and I asked why. She told me you don't even know whats been going on like something horrible happened. I remember when she was like 13 she had run away a few hours after her mom had found out she was on fb without her permission talking to an older boy. I also remembered that she was talking to me a few months ago about how her parents don't love her and telling me some other things I came to find out were lies. Honestly me and my niece are not close we just have an age gap and she never wants to hang out. But I love her and I kind of wondered if something was going on with my niece.

So I asked my sister. She told me that basically my niece is a pathological liar. You cant believe anything she says and she is all about the drama. She said every teen is. She said its normal. And that some thing did happen recently but it had nothing to do with her grades. She told me that a boy had felt up on her at a dance club the kind of clubs for 18 and under. And she was blaming all her problems on that but that they are not related.

I suggested it might be a mental illness because it runs in our family. And she brushed it off real fast. I think I hurt her feelings. She said her daughter told the school counselor and shes gonna get therapy but that shes probably lying about the whole thing anyway to get out of trouble with her grades. Then she changed the subject and gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the night.

Idk. I asked her if she was upset with me before I left and she said no. I kind of left feeling she was mad at me!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
themouthyone
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Maybe you confirmed her fear about a mental illness?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree88
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Quoting themouthyone:

Maybe you confirmed her fear about a mental illness?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I bet she is over whelmed with all that is going on with her daughter and it's just hard to talk about. Just tell your sister that if she ever needs to talk about it and get it our or anything else you'll be there for her...
As the mother of a teen daughter, it really can be stressful and upsetting at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN