Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you invite your husband along?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
  • 59 Replies

so my grandma and aunt are coming to my town to have lunch with us and she requested to see me and my sister. My sister text me this and then i asked if my husband could come along and she said she don't see why not. Then of course, she ran to my mom and my mom calls me and says that my grandma's cancer had come back and whether she does something about it or not, she's going to die but don't know when.

Now at first, i didnt know about all this. it came off like a fun get together with my grams but the thing is...even if it is all fun while we are there politely ignoring the fact she may die soon, i need someone's ears. I'm hard of hearing and if my grams does say something in a her tiny voice, my husband is usually the one to say to me what she said. I can't ask my sister because she gets irritated easily and she will end up snapping at me.

My mom said that she didnt invite my husband but only invited me and my sis but i'm gonna bet that nothing bad comes up in convo anyway. my mom and sis are over reacting. What if my grams does say something that puts my sister in tears but i'm left there hanging and laugh instead because i couldnt hear?

i dont know. Do you ladies think my mother and sis are over reacting? what would you do? my husband is going to call my aunt to see what she thinks.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I understand why you want your husband there.

But...maybe they wanted a girls lunch? We do that sometimes. No husbands. Or maybe they wanted to talk to you about something dealing with her health and want immediate (like...blood) family to know and discuss first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
4 moms liked this
This is a hard predicament. I would take your concerns to your mom. Express to her the need to have an extra set of ears on your side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM
It sounds lime they want a family lunch. Not familg plus hubs.I would ask your mom to sit with you to help so you don't miss anything. Sorry to hear about you grandma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM

so hubby is not family?  He wouldnt care is grandma passed? 

If its a girls gathering then sorry hubby stays home...if hubby loves grandma too then stuff mom and hubby comes.

Otherwise get a hearing aid.

ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this
IMHO,it is even more important to have DH there for you.
There is NOTHING anyone has to say to me,that they cannot say in front of my Hottie!
Especially since he would be my ears:). I would simply have hubby call Grandma,and ask her ;)
Take out all the 'middle people',so to speak. Take hubby unless Grams says no!
americansugar80
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

she wouldnt go cause she isnt "invited" so why would i bring mom if hubby can't go?  that was kinda already in my post.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

It sounds lime they want a family lunch. Not familg plus hubs.I would ask your mom to sit with you to help so you don't miss anything. Sorry to hear about you grandma

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I know exactly how you feel. I make my Husband "hear" for me as well. However, my mom & sisters are a bit more patient with my deafness. I know what it feels like to be left hanging & laughed at because you "missed it".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I would take my husband. 

I won't go on vacation with my mom because she never wants the guys to come. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

um, I think you are over analyzing this. Just go and enjoy the time as best as you can. Your husband can stay home, and I'm sure nothing bad will happen because you couldn't hear what grandma was saying!

mackiebugsmom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
4 moms liked this
I would tell my sister, if dh isnt there, I need help hearing so dont be a bi*ch and help me if I need it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN