Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you invite your husband along?

so my grandma and aunt are coming to my town to have lunch with us and she requested to see me and my sister. My sister text me this and then i asked if my husband could come along and she said she don't see why not. Then of course, she ran to my mom and my mom calls me and says that my grandma's cancer had come back and whether she does something about it or not, she's going to die but don't know when.

Now at first, i didnt know about all this. it came off like a fun get together with my grams but the thing is...even if it is all fun while we are there politely ignoring the fact she may die soon, i need someone's ears. I'm hard of hearing and if my grams does say something in a her tiny voice, my husband is usually the one to say to me what she said. I can't ask my sister because she gets irritated easily and she will end up snapping at me.

My mom said that she didnt invite my husband but only invited me and my sis but i'm gonna bet that nothing bad comes up in convo anyway. my mom and sis are over reacting. What if my grams does say something that puts my sister in tears but i'm left there hanging and laugh instead because i couldnt hear?

i dont know. Do you ladies think my mother and sis are over reacting? what would you do? my husband is going to call my aunt to see what she thinks.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
michelleinfl
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

In my opinion hubs IS family. I can understand if it is a "girls day out" thing. I'd say tell your mom about your concerns (about the extra set of ear) and go from there.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

It sounds lime they want a family lunch. Not familg plus hubs.I would ask your mom to sit with you to help so you don't miss anything. Sorry to hear about you grandma

GodchickwithMS
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

My DH and I are one. I am blind in one eye, and I walk with a cane...he is my eyes and legs. I say bring him with! You need his ears, as well as mybe his shoulder to cry on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

My husband would come...because he's your family and your ears...if anyone has anything to say they can say it with him right there.  You need to do what's best for you.

jonellg
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM

do they dislike him?

brittonJ
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Tell your sister your husband is coming unless she can tell you what your grandma says. Period.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Tell mom and sister that hubby is coming because he is your ears and if it's news like that he is your shoulder to cry on. They need to suck it up and put big girl panties on and deal with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvCoopins
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM

He's your hubby...He can go wherever you want him to go =)

Colbysmoma
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM

He is your rock, take him! They need to understand even if you could hear, he is there for you.. I would tell them I am sorry but he is in the family too he is coming!

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i take my marriage vows seriously.

bottom line is: if my DH isn't welcomed some place, i'm not going without him. i back him up and he backs me up. that's the way marriages should be, IMO.

simple as that, even if it is my family.

if my family can't accept him to go with me, then they really aren't family.

especially in this situation. if you know your grandmother is dying, you'd want your DH there for support. i wouldn't go. but that's just me. 

Mandi1992
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Why not just ask your grandma? I think she'd understand you need hearing help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)