Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hand me down and thrift stores, yard sale shoppers ***UPDATE !!***

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 329 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do your kids react when you tell them they have to wear used clothes ? Or, if they are not old enough to complain , what Will you do when they start complaining?

If you have older kids , did you stop making them wear used clothes and shoes at a certain age ?

I am wondering because I see a lot of moms that on here that do it. And personally my kids would look at me like " mom, really?" And they WOULD NOT wear it.

UPDATE :

SO YOU LADIES GOT ME THINKING AND I HAVE SOLD AND MADE $50 OUT OF CLOTHES I WILL NEVER WEAR AGAIN !!!!

ALSO, I AM MEXICAN I AM FROM L.A. SOUTH CENTRAL L.A. TO BE EXACT , I AM VERY PROUD OF WHERE I COME FROM !!! I AM LOUD , GHETTO FAB , AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK !!, I AM NOT ASHAMED. :))))

I AM SELLING MY OLD HOOCHEE DRESSES AND TOPS AND MADE $53 ALREADY!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJSCASJMSmom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I shop at yard sales sometimes for my kids but they are still young and I don't force them to wear it my kids go with me if they see something the like I buy it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hkelly7
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
33 moms liked this

sounds like you either 1 have the money to afford new stuff all the time. or 2 your kids are materialistic spoiled brats, probably influenced by you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
6 moms liked this

I wear used clothes, myself. You can find the most unique, interesting pieces at thrift shops. My dd is not old enough to complain, but if she does, I would explain to her how it saves money.

MynameisMummy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
4 moms liked this

Well. We do buy stuff from thrift stores, but so do I. I don't give a sh!t... some of it still has the tag, so no, not used, and they also carry a lot of designer names. I don't know what the names of the designers are, I'm just sayin', lol! Listen, I have to priorities our finances, and right now... we could use the savings. If my kids have an issue with it when they are older, then I guess they can get a J.O.B. 

nevaNabismommy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I only get things that are like new, never shoes, undergarments , or stained clothes. I dont think my girls would care, there 2&3 right now and aslong as its pink there happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapercakemom84
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

idk if my daughter realizes it, she just loves to go to yard sales,thrift stores and pick out clothes, toys, etc.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids have never wore used shoes but they like to wear used clothing they know it helps with the environment and they like that we can buy more clothing at thrifts stores then we can at big box stores and malls.

Many times you can find clothing with tags still on them at thrift stores. When we go to the city and hit the higher end thrift stores we can get many name brans and look like bran new or have tags still.

doodasmomma
by Anita on May. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM
7 moms liked this

I plan on raising my children in a way that they will not be above wearing used clothes. Me, I was a happy teen when I realized if Mom bought school clothes from thrift shops, I got more new (to me) clothes.

MynameisMummy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yeah, that's supposed to read, "We do buy *THEM* stuff from thrift stores, but I wear that stuff too". Okay that's better, lol

Quoting MynameisMummy:

Well. We do buy stuff from thrift stores, but so do I. I don't give a sh!t... some of it still has the tag, so no, not used, and they also carry a lot of designer names. I don't know what the names of the designers are, I'm just sayin', lol! Listen, I have to priorities our finances, and right now... we could use the savings. If my kids have an issue with it when they are older, then I guess they can get a J.O.B. 

Mrs_Harsh
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
They would wear it if that's all they had.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)