Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hand me down and thrift stores, yard sale shoppers ***UPDATE !!***

Posted by   + Show Post
How do your kids react when you tell them they have to wear used clothes ? Or, if they are not old enough to complain , what Will you do when they start complaining?

If you have older kids , did you stop making them wear used clothes and shoes at a certain age ?

I am wondering because I see a lot of moms that on here that do it. And personally my kids would look at me like " mom, really?" And they WOULD NOT wear it.

UPDATE :

SO YOU LADIES GOT ME THINKING AND I HAVE SOLD AND MADE $50 OUT OF CLOTHES I WILL NEVER WEAR AGAIN !!!!

ALSO, I AM MEXICAN I AM FROM L.A. SOUTH CENTRAL L.A. TO BE EXACT , I AM VERY PROUD OF WHERE I COME FROM !!! I AM LOUD , GHETTO FAB , AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK !!, I AM NOT ASHAMED. :))))

I AM SELLING MY OLD HOOCHEE DRESSES AND TOPS AND MADE $53 ALREADY!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
My oldest loves it. I dont think it would be a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

My kids don't care one bit. I don't buy used for my 11 year old, because there just isn't much out there by that age. Even with my 8 year old it's getting harder to find her size in used clothing. I just stopped by goodwill the other day and picked up a lot of pajama sets for my daughter. I just put them in her drawer and she was so excited to find them. My kids like getting anything, used or not. I don't do used shoes at all. No used undergarments either, ewww.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

My kids don't ever get used clothes we always by new.  We do go to the Salvation Army when we need anything for a costume or themed clothing. They have found stuff at the Salvation Army that they liked and I don't mind buying it for them.  If they did NEED to wear something used they wouldn't care...my kids aren't like that. They are grateful for what they have and get no matter what it is. 

RhondaVeggie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
My son loves going to thrift stores. He knows that if I give him a budget of $25 he can get a pair of jeans and a tshirt somewhere else or a big bag or clothes at the thrift store.
Sweets27
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
4 moms liked this
The day my kids complain ill take everything out of their closet. I was very poor growing up. I WISHED I had used clothes. We are raising our kids to appreciate what they have because there are people that don't have a thing. I will still shop clearance and sales at the stores. When they are old enough to work, they can buy their own clothes if they wish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Sweet...I'll just stop there...smh...

Our kids love anything I get them. They are thankful and truly enjoy that I can get them more.

Our girls are 12 and 10-they love it! And the boys are 3 and 5-they love it as well.

O-and I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on back to school clothes and the kids were just fine. They have everything they need and want and don't care where it comes from...great kids!!!

stephjohn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

My kids won't be spoiled brats period. They will be grateful and thankful for whatever i buy them. They oldest are almost 5 and know the value of a dollar and how some kids don't have things. That's why we do volunteer work, and my kids choose to donate their stuff. It's called values and morals u need to teach children even when they are very young!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM
My kids don't wear it, but neither do my husband and I.
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My kids love going to the thrift stores we always come out with a ton of books.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My 4 year old LOVES going to yard sales and thrift stores to look at clothes. She is starting to understand the value of saving money, and so far looks at it as if we save money on one thing, then that means we have more money to get something else she wants too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)