Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with mustangs...

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok someone in our family is buying me a car!! Yay!! Ok now for the hard part picking it out.

My dream car has always been a mustang if I got one it would be close to an 08 or newer. So I know they aren't the perfect family car but I have 2 boys and don't plan on anymore. Gas isn't a huge deal I know they aren't the greatest on gas. I want a v8. I can't think of any real negatives so give me your opinions please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Why are you not buying your own car?
Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM
We just have an older mustang coupe as a drag car. We can't drive it on road :(

So I'm no help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mik1of3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I was very lucky enough to buy my dream car the very first time I bought my own car.  It was a 1985 Ford Mustang GT with t-tops..it looked like this one.
  Oh, how I loved my car.  I had it 9 years, and would have kept it forever, had it not been stolen.    I still love Mustangs, but not the newer ones.  I prefer the Fox bodies...or the classic ones.  If I ever come into money via inheritance, lotto, lawsuit, whatever...I will buy me one of these...

Course, being a wuss, I'll have it resto-modded, tricked out with power steering, brakes, air conditioning and stereo.  That'll be easy, however...cuz I work at a place that does that VERY thing.

proudmommy35
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Why can't you buy your own car?

elly25
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I use my mom's 2002 every now and again. Cheaper to fill up the tank then my truck. My daughter's car seat fits in there just fine.

Down side, it goes through breaks like no tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

how old are you lol

meandjoue
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM
My husband has an 07 mustang gt. We bought it new before we had kids. We don't drive it with the kids because with the car seats in there you have to sit really far up and its not comfortable. He loves his car, but he only drives it to work and back since we always have the kids with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaOfThree789
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

The newer style ones have like zero room in the backseat from what I've experienced. My friend recently got rid of her 2011 because there wasn't enough room for her daughter. I personally wouldn't choose it if I was using the back seat frequetly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

my 08 .. depends on the age of kids , mine is old enough for a boster seat  so i dont have any problems . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN