Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really why do this to him?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thecutline/time-magazine-breastfeeding-cover.jpg This just might of went to far with breastfeeding.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I agree.  Kids who breastfeed never ever use cups until they wean!!!!!!!

Sarcasm.  My two year old (second child I have nursed to at least two) has drank from a cup since before he turned six months of age.  None of my kids ever refused a cup-in fact, cup feeding is a bottle alternative for babies!

Maybe you should look into that.  The picture is only ridiculous because of cultural standards, not what is normal in nature.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ridiculous. Give the kid a cup!!!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM

What I have read says he is three.

Quoting Anonymous:

Disgusting! What is that kid like 8? Eeeew talk about child molestation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmmm... try to force any child to bf ... can't happen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

lol... I was about to correct you :)
My bf'ing dd has also been using a cup since she was a year old.... a CUP, not a sippy, bottle, or straw sippy.

Quoting celestegood:

Sarcasm.  My two year old (second child I have nursed to at least two) has drank from a cup since before he turned six months of age.  None of my kids ever refused a cup-in fact, cup feeding is a bottle alternative for babies!

Maybe you should look into that.  The picture is only ridiculous because of cultural standards, not what is normal in nature.

Quoting Anonymous:

littlelambe2
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

my dh's grandpa recalls coming home from kindergarten and nursing for a snack.... that is awesome, but also completely unheard of these days.

Quoting kmorales7690:

Its only weird on our society, in other parts of the world its completely normal to nurse until 5-7 years old s form of nourishment

Quoting Anonymous:

well that's just weird to me... so whatever floats their boats I guess... 

Quoting kmorales7690:

Why dirty a cup when the real thing is right there and not every woman's breasts react to a pump! A child's suck is much more effective!

Quoting Anonymous:

he can get awesome nutrients out of a cup though. She could always use a pump if she's that concerned about it! And there are vitamins for kids to help with the whole nutrient deal! 

Quoting kmorales7690:

i dont think so, that kid is getting awesome nutreints, if she is comfortable with it, and the kid doesnt seem to be complaining then why does it matter!  i say go mama!! 

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Ok I don't necessarily agree with breastfeeding this long, but I don't believe it will damage the kid in anyway either.  To each their own.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

My kids are the same!  We put them in the high chair and they go to town on a normal cup. We never did sippies either.  I never did get why people use them? They just have to be put up in a year and you have to get them used to normal cups....why not just use a normal cup?

Quoting Anonymous:

lol... I was about to correct you :)
My bf'ing dd has also been using a cup since she was a year old.... a CUP, not a sippy, bottle, or straw sippy.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Anonymous:

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

This made me laugh .... you so right.  Can't really force those little ones to do much of anything LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm... try to force any child to bf ... can't happen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Maybe this is cheaper and even cost effective way to get around her need for breast implants! LOL

Quoting mrsbrimer:

pfft those are some small titties. like an A cup!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Looks like he has a "B" cup in his mouth already.... snicker

Quoting Anonymous:

BJAponte77
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I'm all for breastfeeding but like I read in one article I think they did this more for shock value.  The child is standing on a chair while she is standing up feeding him, who feeds their child like that?  Also, the article was about breastfeeding but they image they gave off made it seem like it was more about extending breastfeeding which I also contribute to the shock factor.  They could've proved their point with something more natural, I think this will just make the people who hate on bfing, hate on it more.  Nice try but poor job.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN