Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really why do this to him?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thecutline/time-magazine-breastfeeding-cover.jpg This just might of went to far with breastfeeding.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (51-60):
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM
That doesn't mean it shouldn't still be done!

Quoting littlelambe2:

my dh's grandpa recalls coming home from kindergarten and nursing for a snack.... that is awesome, but also completely unheard of these days.

Quoting kmorales7690:

Its only weird on our society, in other parts of the world its completely normal to nurse until 5-7 years old s form of nourishment

Quoting Anonymous:

well that's just weird to me... so whatever floats their boats I guess... 

Quoting kmorales7690:

Why dirty a cup when the real thing is right there and not every woman's breasts react to a pump! A child's suck is much more effective!

Quoting Anonymous:

he can get awesome nutrients out of a cup though. She could always use a pump if she's that concerned about it! And there are vitamins for kids to help with the whole nutrient deal! 

Quoting kmorales7690:

i dont think so, that kid is getting awesome nutreints, if she is comfortable with it, and the kid doesnt seem to be complaining then why does it matter!  i say go mama!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GMom2011
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Time Magazine is a HUGE publication. Yea, this is going to follow this kid for the rest of his life. I don't care how long people breastfeed for  but using your child as propoganda to further your cause, when he's too young to have a voice in it at all, is wrong.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Do....what exactly??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I meant a cup of breastmilk. DUH!  Seriously, nice putting words in my "mouth"...

Quoting celestegood:

I agree.  Kids who breastfeed never ever use cups until they wean!!!!!!!

Sarcasm.  My two year old (second child I have nursed to at least two) has drank from a cup since before he turned six months of age.  None of my kids ever refused a cup-in fact, cup feeding is a bottle alternative for babies!

Maybe you should look into that.  The picture is only ridiculous because of cultural standards, not what is normal in nature.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ridiculous. Give the kid a cup!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I think this is a beautiful picture. Like it or not we live in a diverse country and i for one choose to embrace different lifestyles. Also, what an awesome way to celebrate mother's day then to show America the complexity of Motherhood! You go mama!
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM
I'm all for extended breastfeeding. Whenever mom and child want to stop, not what society says is 'normal'. But, I feel this is much too defiant and posed to be taken serious. Its deliberately made to be offensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on May. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Fuck off. She's not hurting him in any way. Turn your attitude toward the child beaters. Anonymous pussy.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM

That is really disgusting. I can't believe these big magazines can be so gross

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

While I think the whole magazine cover angle is much, and I think for my taste, this is too old. There is still NOTHING sexual about it. If that woman is producing milk and the child is consuming it He is being FED.

Quoting Anonymous:

Disgusting! What is that kid like 8? Eeeew talk about child molestation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I call bull shit on that kid being 3,  he is huge,  and that is a very unnatural pose for bfing,  why not do a more natural pose,  this picture was made for pure drama only!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)