Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really why do this to him?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thecutline/time-magazine-breastfeeding-cover.jpg This just might of went to far with breastfeeding.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Replies (71-80):
Monamou
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I support extended breastfeeding(in theory..i wean around one by personal choice). A mother breastfeeding a baby/toddler is beautiful. BUT who feeds like that really? That picture is provacative. Breastfeeding is NOT sexual. Feeding a 3 yo is natural but that pic is NASTY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I nursed my last til 39 months. Stop when we tried to conceive our current baby. I would not put my kid on a cover but see no issues with it.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
When he's old enough to take direction from a photographer he's old enough to stop breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM
The entirely unnatural vibe of the picture is what disturbs me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate this picture, but am offended by these responses. Breasts have been sexualized to the point that they can longer be used for their main purpose, feeding our children. And to call me and other nursing mothers perverse, abusive and/or selfish is damn near slander.

You have formed theories of normal behavior based on personal experience and visualizations in society. There is no reputable data or research to support nursing is detrimental to a child, only benefits, and that list is long!!

Why do you guys "feel this way"-- social norms are meant to be broken.

1910's women talking about politics was extreme and we were too dumb to vote!

1930's women wearing pants were extreme as all proper women wore dresses.

1950's women had no birth control options, so it was extreme to even have sex.

And all that progress and now We are harshly judged by the way we nurture our child??? Good grief, I get that nursing seems wierd after decades of formula feeding norms; overcoming engrained bias is very hard! But nursing toddlers and young children is natural, not harmful and good for our society. So keep an open mind people, sheeshhhh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Quoting kmorales7690:

I'm not seeing how that is a bad thing...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Definitely not if anything it will help him have respect for women, and breastfeeding, maybe If more mothers did this, there wouldn't be such a huge fuss from men about public breastfeeding, its natural and that kid is getting awesome nutrients! Not to mention keeping from dirtying dishes!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kmorales7690:

i dont think so, that kid is getting awesome nutreints, if she is comfortable with it, and the kid doesnt seem to be complaining then why does it matter!  i say go mama!! 

i think it matters because there is no way breast feeding that long isnt going to have an effect on his relationship with woman, and confusion about sexualizing women v. feedin from his mom. i think at a certaint point continuing to bf is harmful to the childs social  development

im thinking more about when it comes to sexual encounters and associating breasts with feeding from mom

personally, if im fooling around with a man i dont want him seeing my breasts and thinking about sucking on his mom.  if i was wuith a woman (im bi) and that was the association i had, i would be gfreaked out about fondling her and fondling is fun, it would be a sad thing to lose.

i mean understand that breasts feed babies is one thing but i think theres a potentuial for fixation on your mom, even, as time goes on. because when you do associate them with sexuality, suddently what you were doing with mommy for so long becomes linked with being sexual.

if the kid uis old enbough that they are going to remember sucking mommy later on, theres going to be a problem (and mommy needs to accept that their child is not a baby anymore , i fee like there are some future attachment issues that are gonna come up later otherwise) 

TERRIDAWN
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

It must be lunch time at Pre School!  lol 

caito
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I think it's exploiting the child.

I don't have a problem with extended breastfeeding, but putting your kid out there like this is just...I don't know...wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on May. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I am not against BF and I am for it all the way. But it's like the baby with the bottle you have to switch them to a
a cup. Besides this picture seems more gross then anything shes not even cuddling him hes just standing there
sucking her boob not in a breatfeeding way.

raegan1221
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Agreed..isn't the kid too old to be breast fed still?

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Agreed, they're over doing this whole BF thing.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)