Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the offspring of interracial couples..?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you have any negative feelings, at all, towards the concept of biracial children?  What state do you live in?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (1081-1090):
1CopaceticMama
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Nope most of our country is biracial. I was born and raised in New Mexico. (yes a state in the USA lol) but now live in New York

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Well my kids are half white/half black so no I do not have issues with it lol. And I live in Texas.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Who cares? Kids are kids. It doesn't matter to me what race they are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ArisMom208
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My daughter is 25% mexican and 75% white and half the time people can't even tell.

Nobody has any problem with it

Im in Idaho

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I don't get offended easily, so if I heard someone use the word colored I would just let them know it's not PC. But to others its a major sign of disrespect and seems very racist. If someone really doesn't know that it shouldnt be use, that's one thing, but theres plenty of people who use the term and still see blacks as they were seen when the term was frequently used.

Black or African American are the correct terms.

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally different anon

Really? Growing up my dad made me call black people colored. He told me that it was rude and disrespectful to call them black. Now I'm all sorts of confussed. I'm not racist but I've always said colored :/

Quoting Anonymous:

This is a different anon...

Umm colored is something the slaves were called! It's definitely not a term that anyone uses these days unless they are racist. If you're not, then I would consider not using it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

How is that racist? Lol. It's not like she said n****r.

Quoting Anonymous:

Colored? And you're not racist?

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont have any negative feelings I have a "stepson" who is black/white. The ONLY thing I have an issue with is that the mother is colored and well on the ghetto side of the spectrum so we cant even think of going out in public with him because he does not know how to act civil AT ALL. We are trying hard but he is the cutest boy who stole my heart :]

2monstersmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I have mixed babies! HIspainic and white, We live in TX, and have never experienced any issues.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I'm in az, and my babies are half white/half Filipino....no bad feelings.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

No, I was born in OK, raised in FL and now live in Tn. I have biracial nephews, caucasian and hispanic.  

queen_k0302
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
If i did i would need to seek help. I am biracial. Does peoples race really matter that much? I live in Arkansas btw.
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No...Texas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN