Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the offspring of interracial couples..?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you have any negative feelings, at all, towards the concept of biracial children?  What state do you live in?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (1101-1110):
mommyofTC
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
No....... My boys are black and white, so are my 2 nephews & niece....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM

no, California

Anonymous
by Anonymous 122 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
All 3 of my kids are multi racial! Mexican, Native american and white.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 112 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Good to know that now. No wonder people would look at me crazy. I feel bad now lol. Thanks for that information. I know it'll probably he a hard habbit to break but I'm seriously going to try my hardest!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get offended easily, so if I heard someone use the word colored I would just let them know it's not PC. But to others its a major sign of disrespect and seems very racist. If someone really doesn't know that it shouldnt be use, that's one thing, but theres plenty of people who use the term and still see blacks as they were seen when the term was frequently used.

Black or African American are the correct terms.

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally different anon

Really? Growing up my dad made me call black people colored. He told me that it was rude and disrespectful to call them black. Now I'm all sorts of confussed. I'm not racist but I've always said colored :/

Quoting Anonymous:

This is a different anon...

Umm colored is something the slaves were called! It's definitely not a term that anyone uses these days unless they are racist. If you're not, then I would consider not using it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

How is that racist? Lol. It's not like she said n****r.

Quoting Anonymous:

Colored? And you're not racist?

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont have any negative feelings I have a "stepson" who is black/white. The ONLY thing I have an issue with is that the mother is colored and well on the ghetto side of the spectrum so we cant even think of going out in public with him because he does not know how to act civil AT ALL. We are trying hard but he is the cutest boy who stole my heart :]

RichardsMom0209
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Nope...no negative feelings. I live in California.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm in rual Tennessee and my kids are biracial.  I'm white and dh is Eskimo.  No problems here!

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I think she meant it in the opposite... At least I took it in the "who the hell cares what kinda baby you have and why the f*uck do people say dumb shit like this" kinda way... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oooo like all black babies look like ugly little monkeys? Same thing? Oooo ok I get it lol.

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Im thinking it wasa joke... maybe you didnt get it...lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that is mean.

Quoting Red227:

I THINK THAT BIRACIAL CHILDREN ARE, PHYSICALLY, SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN I HAVE EVER LAID EYES ON.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND REALLY WANTS A PASTY WHITE, BLAND BABY?

(YES, I'M YELLING ALL OF THIS, CUZ IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT)

Loving19mommy92
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Nope, was raised in Fl, live in Va now.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Completely agree! I live in the north but I heard it used while I traveled down there. The only time ive heard it used up here was when a Mexican lady used it and she really had no clue there was anything wrong with the word. She used it as a learning opportunity and never used it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in the south and it is a word used by racist people. Colored makes no sence. Colored is pasted tense for color. The people who use it to describe black people, don't seem to smart. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get offended easily, so if I heard someone use the word colored I would just let them know it's not PC. But to others its a major sign of disrespect and seems very racist. If someone really doesn't know that it shouldnt be use, that's one thing, but theres plenty of people who use the term and still see blacks as they were seen when the term was frequently used.

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally different anon

Really? Growing up my dad made me call black people colored. He told me that it was rude and disrespectful to call them black. Now I'm all sorts of confussed. I'm not racist but I've always said colored :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm colored is something the slaves were called! It's definitely not a term that anyone uses these days unless they are racist. If you're not, then I would consider not using it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont have any negative feelings I have a "stepson" who is black/white. The ONLY thing I have an issue with is that the mother is colored and well on the ghetto side of the spectrum so we cant even think of going out in public with him because he does not know how to act civil AT ALL. We are trying hard but he is the cutest boy who stole my heart :]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I'm sure you must have had some crazy looks lol! But now you know and if you do slip up at least it's not intended the wrong way =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Good to know that now. No wonder people would look at me crazy. I feel bad now lol. Thanks for that information. I know it'll probably he a hard habbit to break but I'm seriously going to try my hardest!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally different anon

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)