Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Be Mad? Or is it sweet?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 48 Replies

I have never been very sentimental or mushy.  I don't expect grand gestures, nor do I recieve them well.  I forget everyones birthday (even my own).  It doesn't mean im an asshole, im just that type of person.  I don't even know my own wedding anniversary!  Sometime in August. 

My husband and I are fairly broke and we rarely get eachother presents, not much more than a card and some nice words really.  My husband is actually a pretty terrible gift giver.  I can write down exactly what I want and send him to the store and he would come back with something else. 

Last year he gave me headlights for my birthday.  So ya, his presents to me are normally more for him.  Im a pretty decent gift giver and he is just really hard to buy for. 

So he asked me what I wanted for my birthday a while ago, I told him a pedicure would be awesome or the Awolnation CD.  He didn't get me either.  My birthday rolls along May 4th and we are at work and I get two bouquets of flowers, one from my parents and one from my aunt.  He sees this and just goes about his day.

Apparently he felt guilty or something because today, May 10th almost a whole week later I get another bouquet of flowers that im ASSUMING is from my husband because the card reads: "Christina-Sorry so late Happy Birthday, Better Late than Never"

Awww that gave me a good laugh, I saw the flower lady come in and I thought, "Oh God, I bet I know who this is from.", I read the card and thought, "Oh my what a sweet idiot."...

Maybe its from a secret admirer!?  I can't wait to jab him about not even signing his name or throwing in an "I love you".  : )

by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrCruzito
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

BUMP!

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Headlights?

MrCruzito
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Tesserae:

Headlights?

Haha, yea I might have been clearer if I said, BLUE LED HEADLIGHTS for my CAR.  : )  Instead of the factory ones, now I have bright blue ones.  It was something he has wanted for a long time so he gave them to me for my birthday.  lol. 

Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Wow. Sorry, but that's kinda shitty. The headlights and flowers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrCruzito
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Amanda52007:

You don't have to apologize. He certainly wouldn't be everyones Mr.Perfect. He is just adorably clueless. Like seriously clueless. He doesn't do it on purpose. He thought id like it. It is shitty. But I am not mad at him about it. I just roll my eyes and smile at his efforts.

Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Yeah, I get that. My husband isn't the most romantic when it comes to holidays but he isn't selfish. Your SO sounds selfish.

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting Amanda52007:

You don't have to apologize. He certainly wouldn't be everyones Mr.Perfect. He is just adorably clueless. Like seriously clueless. He doesn't do it on purpose. He thought id like it. It is shitty. But I am not mad at him about it. I just roll my eyes and smile at his efforts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

my husband is pretty clueless as well!  He gave me a motorcycle jacket(to go riding with him) when I was 5 months pregnant.  I think it is really sweet if they are from him!

Monkeymommy22
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM
My bf is kinda the same way. He plays pc games and I dont. On my bday he bought me some candy ( I had gestational diabetes at the time) and a pc game. I have two kids I don't have time for games. So he brought it back to the store lol
DixieL
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

At least he did something even if it took seeing gifts from your parents and your aunt. My husband just gives me money. We don't have much but for every holiday I always expect my twenty dollars. At least we know they love us even if they don't say it enough Happy Late Birthday and Happy Early Mothers Day

IWannaLoveAgain
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I think its cute to have a sense of humor about it. If SO did something like that, I'd give him a hard time, but let him know I appreciate it, too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN