Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Be Mad? Or is it sweet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have never been very sentimental or mushy.  I don't expect grand gestures, nor do I recieve them well.  I forget everyones birthday (even my own).  It doesn't mean im an asshole, im just that type of person.  I don't even know my own wedding anniversary!  Sometime in August. 

My husband and I are fairly broke and we rarely get eachother presents, not much more than a card and some nice words really.  My husband is actually a pretty terrible gift giver.  I can write down exactly what I want and send him to the store and he would come back with something else. 

Last year he gave me headlights for my birthday.  So ya, his presents to me are normally more for him.  Im a pretty decent gift giver and he is just really hard to buy for. 

So he asked me what I wanted for my birthday a while ago, I told him a pedicure would be awesome or the Awolnation CD.  He didn't get me either.  My birthday rolls along May 4th and we are at work and I get two bouquets of flowers, one from my parents and one from my aunt.  He sees this and just goes about his day.

Apparently he felt guilty or something because today, May 10th almost a whole week later I get another bouquet of flowers that im ASSUMING is from my husband because the card reads: "Christina-Sorry so late Happy Birthday, Better Late than Never"

Awww that gave me a good laugh, I saw the flower lady come in and I thought, "Oh God, I bet I know who this is from.", I read the card and thought, "Oh my what a sweet idiot."...

Maybe its from a secret admirer!?  I can't wait to jab him about not even signing his name or throwing in an "I love you".  : )

by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (41-48):
bascha
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM
ROFL!!! Maybe I should try that!

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting bascha:

I think it's a guy thing. Lol. My DH likes to surprise me with little things every now and then for absolutely no reason, but he hasn't gotten me anything for any holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries in over a year. He can be terribly sweet and endearing. Just terribly forgetful, too. ;)

Yea.  One time, I went on a hiatus and didn't touch the kitchen for over a week!  (I know im very ashamed) but I got a text, a photo of an immaculant kitchen, it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in my life!  For no reason.  : )  I raped him when I got home : P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Erm, they are gift giving, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, and service. I think those are it. You can Google them.
Basically, a person rates them in their own mind. One (sometimes two) we're the most important. If physical touch is the most important, like it is for me, you're going to be a cuddlebug, and if it's not important for your main squeeze, you're going to feel rejected. That's why women get upset when their boyfriends don't gush "I love you" all the time, but completely don't realize that they buy them presents or whatever. Sorry, it's naptime for me so I might not be making sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrCruzito
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AngryBob:

DRM, they are gift giving, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, and service. I think those are it. You can Google them.
Basically, a person rates them in their own mind. One (sometimes two) we're the most important. If physical touch is the most important, like it is for me, you're going to be a cuddlebug, and if it's not important for your main squeeze, you're going to feel rejected. That's why women get upset when their boyfriends don't gush "I love you" all the time, but completely don't realize that they buy them presents or whatever. Sorry, it's naptime for me so I might not be making sense.

hmm ill have to google it, but I think words of affirmation would be my husbands forte.  He compliments me a bazilion times a day...then prolly quality time, then physical touch...not sure what "service" is in a relationship : ) 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Lol! Like taking out the trash when he knows you had a bad day or something. That one is my husband's - he likes doing things because he knows they make me happy. And then I "service" him! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunflower7556
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

My husband always tells me what he thougth about buying after the fact.   That drives me crazy, but he is good to me day to day so I grin and bear it.   Like I got nothing for Christmas that I did not purchase and put under the tree, but the day after he says to me, honey you should go buy a Kindle, I was going to get you one but did not know what to buy.  (He always says that, never mind that I sent him an ad of the one I wanted.)   LOL  MEN!

MynameisMummy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Yes... I do. lol... That would save me many "looks" 

Quoting MrCruzito:

Quoting MynameisMummy:

I think it's sweet. BTW- you and I are a lot a like in the sense that we forget everyones birthdays... lol ppl are always calling me, "Did you call so and so yet?", "No.", "It's her birthday!", "ohhh."

You need a cousin like mine!  She lives 3 states away from me and she always calls me the day before, "Its so and so's birthday, call her and say happy birthday, this is her number..."...LOVE HER!  Before she started doing this for me I got those "dipshit you didn't call!?" calls ALL THE TIME! 

jshalas89
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:42 AM
LoL I think it's great! Everything, headlights included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM
My ex was like that. He got me a skateboard once. Granted- I SNOWBOARD but not skate... He ended up using it lol!

My dh is a very good gift giver :)

*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN