Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for mothers of interracial children.

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you push for your child to befriend one race over another?
Do you find it's easier to relate to one race than another?

The reason I ask, is my niece has a friend. She is white. She was hurt by a white man when she was little and refuses to see any white man as anything other than a child molester.

She has a child whose father is black.
Now she only wants her child at a school with 75% or more AA ratio.
She only invites black or mixed children to parties. She goes on every field trip to insure that her daughter isn't put as a bus buddy with a white child. I find this odd, and a bit outlandish. But I don't know if that's normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
She is a dumb bitch if she feels that way.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Huh, who called your kids ugly? Want me to go kick them in the ankles?

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

oh sry I do not have any interacial children.. just ugly past white babies apparently..

lol some lady on another post she said all white babies are pasty and ugly... and  she is white grr it got me hot!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

She is a dumb bitch if she feels that way.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Huh, who called your kids ugly? Want me to go kick them in the ankles?

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

oh sry I do not have any interacial children.. just ugly past white babies apparently..

lol some lady on another post she said all white babies are pasty and ugly... and  she is white grr it got me hot!!

yeah I thought it was pretty dumb.. I did have to step away from the pc for a minute before I replied with some really ugly comments, I am not by any means racist I think all babies are beautiful but this woman's whole attitude just really got under my skin.

kiralyn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My daughter goes to the school we are zoned for. She makes her own friends, draws her own conclusions about race (which at 5, are few) and I don't push any of it on her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM
That's not normal it's hate mongering!
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

it doesnt matter who my son hangs out with just as long as they are "good" kids

ChelleBoo23
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Wow she needs therapy. Her child shouldn't not be able to have white friends because her mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM
That's not normal. And the only people I care about my child being friends with are bad influences and they come in all colours.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM
DD is white and middle eastern.
She plays with any race of kids.
But she does naturally favor her middle eastern side. She thinks she is 100% Arab.
But there aren't many Arab kids around us though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

No.  My son can be friends with whoever he wants.  I relate better to AA's because of where I live (in NC) IRR's are kinda frowned upon.  As far as Naeem goes he can choose who he relates to better when he gets older.  He's 5 right now so he doesn't see color therefore he has friends of every color of the rainbow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM
IMO she will push her child to the one thing she is most scared of. I've seen it on other issues not just in a skin color issue. Children tend to try things mom or dad say are no nos just to see if they can get by with it. I know I did. Mommy and daddy said drinking and smoking pot was bad but I still got drunk and high at 14. Not saying its right cause by no means is it right. You just need to set her down and talk to her about why its wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN