Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 14 YO daughter stole my vibrator

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a vibrator. I am not ashamed of this. But I keep it hidden in a old shoebox waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back of my closet under a pile of shoes boxes and clothes. My husband and I were getting ready to have sex and he likes to watch me use it. I go back there to get it and it's gone. I play it off by telling Hubby I don't want to use it tonight. I wanna go "solo". Anyway.... DD goes to school and I search her room. I find the vibrator under her mattress with two of my other toys that were hidden under my bed in a taped up box.

What in the holy hell am I supposed to do? Do I confront her about it or save the embarrassment by throwing the vibrators away?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (411-420):
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:57 AM

talk to her,throw yours away, and buy her her own when you go buy new ones 

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

so masturbating means a kid is having sex with other kids?? i was masturbating at 10 years old didnt have sex until i was a month away from my 18th birthday, its completly normal to masturbate at 14 and even younger then that

Quoting kmorales7690:

its definitely not!! I was not even anywhere close to thinking about masturbation at 14 years old!!! and theres no way in hell i was gonna be getting pregnant and ruining MY life!! 

Quoting Paperfishies:

Mastubation is NORMAL at 14. Fucking Christ! Points of view like yours is why 15 year old girls get pregnant, hide their pregnancy and the throw their baby in a dumpster or drown the baby in a toilet.

Quoting kmorales7690:

obviously! that is a child!!! you have your whole adult life to experiment sexually, 14 in my opinion is way too young! 

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

So.....Are you against a 14 year old masturbating?

Quoting kmorales7690:

I agree with YOU OP 100%!!! 14 is WAY too young to be having a sex toy! If i were you i would sit her down, and explain why what she did was inappropriate, and that she is a child and there will be plenty of time for her to explore sexual things later in life. Honestly i would even go as far as to threaten to put a security cam hidden in her room in case she ever decided to try and steal your things again, but that would be a last resort. As parents its our job to keep our children, just that, CHILDREN!!! explain that everyone has urges and everyone learns to control them in some way.

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO it is not appropriate to buy a 14-year old a vibrator! She's going to like that feeling and go out and see if doing it with a boy would feel better! And I do not want my child to have sex this early

Quoting arabellelynn:

This and lock yours up! GL!

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Dude. Gross.

Buy her one for herself:)

lorelei10
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
A little late. Now that she knows the feeling you can't stop her. Girls are more similar to boys than you would think. I wouldn't but her a toy out of sheer akwardness but don't think like that. Its ok for her to know her sexuality at any age but she needs to learn that her body is her temple and other people shouldn't disrespect it. My mom was open with me...I was masturbating at a reeeaaaallllyyyyy young age. I didn't lose my virginity till I was 17 and in the military on my own. Theres something to be said about an open trusting relationship of mother and daughter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will not buy my daughter a vibrator! She is too young to be having sex or feeling any type of pleasure down there

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Dude. Gross.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes_6
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM
True she is young but she can't help her hormones or urges. You can talk with her and buy her one of her own or risk that she will move on to boys or men. One way or another she will do something its up to you what she does it with.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I will not buy my daughter a vibrator! She is too young to be having sex or feeling any type of pleasure down there

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Dude. Gross.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Rather then risk  my child having unprotected sex at that age, I would go to the store and buy myself a new one as well as her.  Gift wrap her's and explain that women do not share certian items and vibrators are one of them.  Then tell her she can come and talk to you about anything without fear of shame or being yelled at.  BTW~ I was 14 years old the first time I had intercourse.  

robertzica
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

My husband was beind me reading this and he suggested a schedule for using it. He was joking.

Being serious about it, I would discuss this with my daughter. It is not comfortable but it would be very useful for you to know what goes through her mind. It's better for her to discuss this kind of stuff with you instead of her friends at school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a vibrator. I am not ashamed of this. But I keep it hidden in a old shoebox waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back of my closet under a pile of shoes boxes and clothes. My husband and I were getting ready to have sex and he likes to watch me use it. I go back there to get it and it's gone. I play it off by telling Hubby I don't want to use it tonight. I wanna go "solo". Anyway.... DD goes to school and I search her room. I find the vibrator under her mattress with two of my other toys that were hidden under my bed in a taped up box.

What in the holy hell am I supposed to do? Do I confront her about it or save the embarrassment by throwing the vibrators away?

NikiSellers0806
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Um what planet are you on? Any pediatrician or child psychologist will tell you that masturbation is normal and healthy for kids. They are learning and exploring their bodies...the absolute WORST thing you can do is teach them that its wrong or make them feel embarrassed. She needs to talk to her first about privacy and boundaries but also let her know that what she's doing is normal. Keep the lines of communication open!!

Quoting kmorales7690:

I agree with YOU OP 100%!!! 14 is WAY too young to be having a sex toy! If i were you i would sit her down, and explain why what she did was inappropriate, and that she is a child and there will be plenty of time for her to explore sexual things later in life. Honestly i would even go as far as to threaten to put a security cam hidden in her room in case she ever decided to try and steal your things again, but that would be a last resort. As parents its our job to keep our children, just that, CHILDREN!!! explain that everyone has urges and everyone learns to control them in some way.

Quoting Anonymous:

IMO it is not appropriate to buy a 14-year old a vibrator! She's going to like that feeling and go out and see if doing it with a boy would feel better! And I do not want my child to have sex this early

Quoting arabellelynn:

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Dude. Gross.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter stole mine as well when she was 14. She's almost 18 now and she confessed to me that her and her best friend had used them on each other. I was floored. She has her own now. As far as her being too young to pleasure herself? Uhm, no... babies masturbate in their own way. Don't be naive and think 'not my child'. It's better a vibrator than a man.

bellawomen
by Summer on May. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure. While they are at it, pray the gay away too. *eye roll*

Quoting Anonymous:

Sit her down and pray with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Except a mother they can talk to about anything. I also feel sorry for your children.

Quoting kmorales7690:

You really should not feel sorry for them. They are going to have a wonderful life with everything they need.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are painfully  uneducated and uniformed about human sexuality. It is normal for teenagers to masturbate. You are making yourself sound like a crazy woman, and I feel deeply sorry for your children. Honestly, very , very sorry for them.  

Quoting kmorales7690:

a CHILD!!!! 

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Haha. So now it's perverted to pleasure yourself? Bwahahahaha.

Quoting kmorales7690:

not if you dont raise your kid to be a perv

Quoting RedRozeMom:

Good luck on that...you gotta sleep sometime and there are some very creative ways to...ummm....get off.

Quoting kmorales7690:

well thats your opinion i guess, my 14 year old wont be masturbating, period, if i have to watch her like a hawk to keep it from happening, i have no problem taking her privacy away, she is a child, and she will act as such! 

Quoting mcr17:

shes gonna do it whether or not her mother tries to repress these feelings.  theres not harm in masturbating, sex yes.

Quoting kmorales7690:

obviously! that is a child!!! you have your whole adult life to experiment sexually, 14 in my opinion is way too young! 

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

So.....Are you against a 14 year old masturbating?

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting arabellelynn:

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

Dude. Gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured