Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am leaving my DH because of my son!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I just can't do it any more....My oldest does not belong to DH, but he has raised him most of his life and even adopted him...My son is 13 and he has been part of his life since he was 2....He use to be an amazing father to my son even after we had two kids of our own he was always there for my son....Now he treats my son like shit raley talks to him unless he is yelling at him....He seems to forget that my son is just going through through what most teens go through...Puberty hits they think they know it all...just typical teen crap that most kids do....I told DH tonight that I am tired of it and I am sick of feeling like I have to choose sides, so I choose my son and will be taking the 3 kids and leaving by the end of the month...Don't know where I am going to go since I have no family or friends, but I will figure it out!!!

***EDIT***I have tried to talk to him many times and he puts all the blame either on me or my son never knowledges his doing, or he doesn't want to talk and then just becomes an ass to make me cry so that way we don't talk....He refuses to go to counceling with me or as a family...I have been trying to fix things for the past 2 years and nothing is getting better...He not only treats my soon like shit, but me as well

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephjohn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Go mom! I wish mine would have done that for me

mommykate4
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

wow ,what about counseling? maybe you could work it out....im sorry hun good luck..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Interesting way to solve a problem ... 

shorty00207450
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

have you tried just talking to your husband and telling him how u feel.

nellyb118
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I would try family counseling before just up and leaving. You may be doing what's best for your son but what about your younger 2? They need you to advocate for their well being as well.
And by all means leave if he refuses to acknowledge the problem and seek help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsSpice
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Try family counseling before leaving.  Hopefully your DH will see the error of his ways. 

Kuddoes to you mom, for standing up for your son!

Red227
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you sure he isn't just struggling on how to deal with a smart-ass teenager?

I don't believe breaking up a family because some family members are having a rough patch with each other . . . if it is more than that, sure, understandable.

BUT, what if he DID belong to your husband, biologically, I mean? Would you still leave him?

Other than 'rarely talking to him' or 'yelling' at him, what other actions has your husband done towards your son to constitute tearing up the family?

I know many parents who joke about feeling that they never see their children once they hit teen years - bc kids have little desire to listen to parents or even be near them for years.

Rose87
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Quoting stephjohn:

Go mom! I wish mine would have done that for me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Celia21
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM
obviously. what a dipshit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessie_plus3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM
You as a mother knows what's best for your children, I wish you all nothing but the best of luck!!!
you are a very strong woman:-) *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)