Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should Christians Support Gay Marriage?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 93 Replies

In light of President Obama "evolving" on the subject of gay marriage. I can imagine his Christian faith is a big reason he was not comfortable with this.

Do you think Christians has support gay marriage?

If they do, are they compromising their faith?

If they don't, do you think they are judgmental?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2Jaelyn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I am not christian but I can imagin that it would be hard to support something that goes against what you believe. However, I would hope that people could look past how they feel about something and just support two people who love eachother!

tginn20
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I am a Christian...and IMO- they can do what they want, I am not the one to judge. Not my place....

However..I do think that Obama's "evolution of belief" is a crock to get more votes.

T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I consider myself Christian and support two people being in love and getting married. It doesnt make me any less Christian in my eyes to support Gay marriage. The God I have a personal relationship with LOVES all of his children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I think they should-in a civic sense at least. It is about basic human rights and the church does not belong in legislation...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM
" Judge not lest ye be judged "
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennalking1992
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a Christian(: i personally would not live a gay lifestyle, simply because it is against MY personal morals. but that doesnt mean everyones morals are the same, and i respect other people and the way they want to live their lives(: i say if a gay couple wants to get married, then go right ahead(: its not my place to stop you. its your personal decision. i respect other peoples beliefs and morals, as i would want them to respect my own(: i dont always get the respect i deserve of course, but that doesnt stop me from giving it. and Christians are supposed to model themselves like Christ. well, Christ loved everyone(: i mean goodness, he hung out with prostitutes because he wanted to help them and he felt compassion for them!(: i love everyone, no matter what they believe. if it makes them happy and its not endangering them, i dont see why they shouldnt do it(: im not saying i approve, but i dont neccessarily disapprove either(: does that make sense to anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I won't actively vote for gay marriage, but you won't see me protesting against it either. I am just neutral to it. I think we are all imperfect in some way or another, and being gay isn't any different. I even have a best friend who is gay. I don't feel like I am compromising anything. I feel like hate is not a Godly thing, and Christians who spread hate against gay people are wrong. 

DixieL
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I think it's up to the person not their faith. I don't think their faith should have anything to do with what they believe in life.I don't believe God judges up for what we believe.

cookbooklady
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
The bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin. I don't support it, but I also believe in live and let live, it's not my place to tell you how to live your life. We all have to see God for ourselves and account for the life we led.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anouck
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

We're talking about the LEGAL right to get married here, churches still have every right to refuse to do it. So I think your religion should have absolutely nothing to do with it. But... the original bible never mentioned homosexuality (spare me the translations, please, they didn't even have a word for homosexuality back then, and it was pretty common to have some boy slaves around to pleasure the men, anyway). And even if it did, aren't Christians supposed to leave the judging to God? If you think it's a sin, don't do it. Those who do will have to deal with the consequences after they die, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)