Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should Christians Support Gay Marriage?

In light of President Obama "evolving" on the subject of gay marriage. I can imagine his Christian faith is a big reason he was not comfortable with this.

Do you think Christians has support gay marriage?

If they do, are they compromising their faith?

If they don't, do you think they are judgmental?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they need to mind their own business and tend to their own lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Keep reading it. Don't stop. Haha People think the Bible is going to make you crazy. I say you will go crazy if you don't read it. You are reading God's words and they can bring life if you let it. Have a good night =)

Quoting honeyrder:

I just read it. I don't really try to understand it. It's the only book that never gets stolen out of there, so it's all I've got. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Both are correct. But forgiven from sin. A homosexual can't say God forgive me for being gay but then keep living a gay lifestyle. Repentance first then comes fogiveness then change must take place. Someone who asks for forgiveness for lying will be forgiven also, but if someone is habitually lying on purpose they are wrong. Change must always take place. We will never be perfect but there should be a striving to please God and obey His word.

Quoting honeyrder:

There's a bible in the faculty bathroom where I work, and it does say that homosexuality is wrong, but it also says on the next page that everybody is forgiven.

jennalking1992
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Thank you for loving it!(: haha. im so glad you agree(:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Thank you! I love your answer and couldn't have said it better myself!

Quoting jennalking1992:

I'm a Christian(: i personally would not live a gay lifestyle, simply because it is against MY personal morals. but that doesnt mean everyones morals are the same, and i respect other people and the way they want to live their lives(: i say if a gay couple wants to get married, then go right ahead(: its not my place to stop you. its your personal decision. i respect other peoples beliefs and morals, as i would want them to respect my own(: i dont always get the respect i deserve of course, but that doesnt stop me from giving it. and Christians are supposed to model themselves like Christ. well, Christ loved everyone(: i mean goodness, he hung out with prostitutes because he wanted to help them and he felt compassion for them!(: i love everyone, no matter what they believe. if it makes them happy and its not endangering them, i dont see why they shouldnt do it(: im not saying i approve, but i dont neccessarily disapprove either(: does that make sense to anyone?

C.A.C.&&J.L.K.<33Forever...

He calls me his Princess, I call him my Prince...

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on May. 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

O.o  I did this exact same post in NC a few months back! Deja Vu

mommyakabooby
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I am a Christian that supports gay marriage, and I am not compromising my faith.

shannonw79
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Religious beliefs should not be used as an excuse to deny anyone equal rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyedoleyes
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Mrsjhoward

You said it perfectly!

Quoting jennalking1992:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Quoting jennalking1992:

I'm a Christian(: i personally would not live a gay lifestyle, simply because it is against MY personal morals. but that doesnt mean everyones morals are the same, and i respect other people and the way they want to live their lives(: i say if a gay couple wants to get married, then go right ahead(: its not my place to stop you. its your personal decision. i respect other peoples beliefs and morals, as i would want them to respect my own(: i dont always get the respect i deserve of course, but that doesnt stop me from giving it. and Christians are supposed to model themselves like Christ. well, Christ loved everyone(: i mean goodness, he hung out with prostitutes because he wanted to help them and he felt compassion for them!(: i love everyone, no matter what they believe. if it makes them happy and its not endangering them, i dont see why they shouldnt do it(: im not saying i approve, but i dont neccessarily disapprove either(: does that make sense to anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting QueenCreole313:

In light of President Obama "evolving" on the subject of gay marriage. I can imagine his Christian faith is a big reason he was not comfortable with this.

Do you think Christians has support gay marriage?

I think they should.  Seperation of church and state....

If they do, are they compromising their faith?

I don't feel that I am.  It's not my place to say who is right and wrong.

If they don't, do you think they are judgmental?

Yes....but then I am judging them as well.  :/

jennalking1992
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Thank you(:

Quoting eyedoleyes:

Mrsjhoward

You said it perfectly!

Quoting jennalking1992:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Quoting jennalking1992:

C.A.C.&&J.L.K.<33Forever...

He calls me his Princess, I call him my Prince...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM
It is not MY agenda but GOD's words. I am a sinner but I repent and strive daily to please God. I know I have flaws and I acknowledge them therefore I work on them. It is wrong. You have your opinions and that is fine.

Quoting eyedoleyes:

HEY ANON!

All you have to do to be forgiven is to believe Christ died for you. We are all sinners and if you want to use the bible to preach your agenda maybe you should also read about how all sin is equal. There is no sin greater than another. So next time you want to say gay marriage should stay illegal, look at everytime you've cussed or looked at an actor lustfully. Or even ate a little more cake than you should have (gluttony), should that be illegal too? Christians rallying against gay marraige or homosexuality is hypocritical and makes all of us look bad. Even those of us that are Christians that don't share your view against homosexuality.

Quoting honeyrder:

I just read it. I don't really try to understand it. It's the only book that never gets stolen out of there, so it's all I've got. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Both are correct. But forgiven from sin. A homosexual can't say God forgive me for being gay but then keep living a gay lifestyle. Repentance first then comes fogiveness then change must take place. Someone who asks for forgiveness for lying will be forgiven also, but if someone is habitually lying on purpose they are wrong. Change must always take place. We will never be perfect but there should be a striving to please God and obey His word.

Quoting honeyrder:

There's a bible in the faculty bathroom where I work, and it does say that homosexuality is wrong, but it also says on the next page that everybody is forgiven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)