Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I couldn't care less that your kid is special needs!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies

I'm a teacher at school in charge of senior activities. We have one boy who is special needs. He can walk and talk, he's just a bit slow. Nice kid but his mother is making my life HELL. She called me 7 times today, 3 of those times from 7:40 am to 8:30 am. Ridiculous! Now on to tell you how she is making my life hell. 

First it started off with senior hoodies. On the back of all senior hoodies we have everyone's name listed. They are in small, black letters and a bunch are scrunched up and hardly legible. We got them t shirts with clearly printed names to make up for the hoodies. Well, Mrs. X(that's what we'll call the parent from hell) has been calling for the past 3 weeks, trying to get us to re order her son a hoodie. She wants us to get his name printed nice and big at the the top of the list. I was like are you serious?!? She has told us a million times "My son is special" Okay lady, we know but everyone's kid is special to them so no we are not spending 50 extra dollars on a hoodie for your son with his name printed in big letters! It's not happening. 

The next problem we are having is with prom. We had specific dates where checks were accepted and now we are just accepting cash. Her son missed the cut off date and she called about 8 times in one day raising hell about not accepting her check. Her son is special(her words) so we should just accept the check. Not happening. So finally she sends him with cash. The boy just leaves it on my desk and walks away. Didn't wait for a receipt or anything. I assume he didn't want one or will come back so I write one and put it away. Mrs. X then calls going off because not only did her son not get a ticket but he did not get a receipt. For one, no one gets a ticket when they pay. They get put on a list then they get an invitation delivered to them in class. And I explained to her the receipt situation. So I get the assistant principal to get the boy out of class so I can hand deliver him this damn receipt. He gets the receipt, I talk to Mrs. X a few more times about the ticket situation and that's that. 

I'm not sure what else she can call about but I just know she will have some type of problem with graduation, whether it be caps and gowns, the location,...something! I asked my co worker if we could find some where to lock her up until graduation is over. I'm just done! lol

I fixed that "huge" typo for you ladies. God knows I'm a teacher so spelling mistakes on a trivial mom site are absolutely prohibited. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allicat09
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM
holy cow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow. She sounds "special".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Wow. She sounds "special".

lol

.ZombieGirl.
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Dang, she sounds like one big headache.

ColesMommy63005
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM
She clearly has issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't agree with treating someone differently just because they have special needs. No one should get special treatment, sorry if that makes me sound hateful and whatever else but that is just how I feel.

two4one
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM
3 moms liked this

i would just stop dealing with her at this point. She is being abusive and I am surprised that your principal allows her to get away with this behavior.

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM
5 moms liked this

She is setting that child up for failure! I have a special needs child and I would never ever ask for special treatment and drive a teacher insane! UGH and while I do HS my son is on a swim team and he is expected to behave like his team mates and he goes on meets and such no mama tagging along.

On behalf of normal special needs moms I am sorry for that bitch and that is all she is a bitch!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

Dang, she sounds like one big headache.

She is! I asked the principal if we could screen her calls by using a recording that says "sorry the number you have reached is not in service....."  lol

He said no :(

lilfishbigocean
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM
4 moms liked this

While I do not agree with her calling you all the time like that, I ALSO do not agree with YOU that you "don't care" that he is special needs, or about any other special needs child for that matter.

Are your kids "perfectly fine"? Must be why you "dont care".
-- My child DOES have special needs. Which is why I'm taking offense to your statement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)