Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession "letter"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

dear, anyone

apperently im the most untrustworthy person in the world next to rapists because im an atheist, people call me a devil worshipper, stare at me, and scowel when i speak. you (general you) dont know who i really am, just because im an atheist doesnt mean im going to punch you in the face for no reason or go around murdering people. im not going to eat your children, like people call us baby eatters, im a mother, im a nice person, i give to charities, i help people when i see they need it. i dont need a faith to do so, i do it because it make me feel good about myself. someone told me the other day that if my son is disbled they know who to blame, like me being an atheist will cause my son to have some sort of disablity.

so the whole point is how is it that atheists are the least trusted next to rapists (iv looked this up and its true sadly) when most atheists are much nicer and more caring then theists? this is what i do not understand and probably never will

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

bump

Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Edit your "letter" so you can be taken seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on May. 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I say to each their own. Spirituality, the lack thereof, or anything in between is a very personal choice and should be treated with respect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Amanda52007:

and i should edit it why? this is how i feel if people dont like that then they dont have to read it now do they?

Amanda52007
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
The point of you making the "letter" and posting it is to have people read and comment on it. No? Cause if it isn't, this isn't the place for it. You would probably be better off with a journal or a blog of some sort. Just trying to help you out.

You want people to take you and your faith seriously. You want to be held to a certain standard, which is apparently above a rapist. I would think, that if you are seriously passionate about a subject and decide to post about it (especially something SO personal), you would atleast edit your "letter". People don't take middle school typing seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Amanda52007:

and i should edit it why? this is how i feel if people dont like that then they dont have to read it now do they?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Amanda52007:

The point of you making the "letter" and posting it is to have people read and comment on it. No? Cause if it isn't, this isn't the place for it. You would probably be better off with a journal or a blog of some sort. Just trying to help you out.

You want people to take you and your faith seriously. You want to be held to a certain standard, which is apparently above a rapist. I would think, that if you are seriously passionate about a subject and decide to post about it (especially something SO personal), you would atleast edit your "letter". People don't take middle school typing seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Amanda52007:

meh its short and to the point, i wasnt trying to write a bio or anything

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on May. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Sorry you've gone through such BS. I will never understand anything surrounding religion. No matter what religion people are, it's WHO they are that matter to me. *shrug*

Monamou
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM
You cant really worry that much. The ppl u love IRL know u. Only crazies compare atheists and gays to rapists and pedofiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting Monamou:

You cant really worry that much. The ppl u love IRL know u. Only crazies compare atheists and gays to rapists and pedofiles.

i know i usually dont but iv been getting bashed all day long on my twitter for posting this 2 days ago "2000 years ago homosexuality was accepted, wonder what happened" and i got attacked by christians even though i never hash tagged anything other then #LGBT

Monamou
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I dont get the hatred of homosexuality either. Regardless of your religion its not your business. If you believe in a God let him do his job and worry about yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)