Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of Should Christians Support Gay Marriage

Posted by   + Show Post

I am in a bit of a pickle, here. 

If I am not mistaken, and if the explanations I have been given by your fellow Christians is correct, the New Testament in your holy book is the part that commands your actions as a person of Christ, right?

Something about Jesus' having come to this world erased all of our sins? And because of that, we are to abide by his teachings? Someone please give me the whole story, here, and I will correct this last statement.

Anyway. If homosexuality is one of the many behaviors condemned by the Old Testament, right along with cutting one's hair, shaving, wearing clothes of mixed fabrics (you probably know this better than I do), why is this one singled out?

How do you know which parts of the bible you follow and believe? Is it blind faith in your minister's translation? Is there a hidden message in the New Testament that states gays are still to be persecuted? Or is it that you love the power it gives you over others?

Hey, I just realized my siggy looks like the gay flag/rainbow. LOL

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Our first day of high school, my homeroom teacher gave us a spiel about boys only wanting sex, and if we were going to, the counselors gave free condoms, and wouldn't tell our parents. LMAO. 

Quoting tifbrown:

Hahahaha! Dammit! I guess I should proof read instead of relying on spell check alone. That made me laugh, good catch. But, in all seriousness, everyone should wear condoms haha.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Am I the only one who laughed at the red? LOL.

I agree with you =)

Quoting tifbrown:

God gave all of us free will. Free will to be who we are, think for ourselves and decipher information in our own way. I am spiritual with Christian values, but there are many things I do not believe. I don't see how God can condom people who are gay when I have known gay couples who share beautiful and profound love for one another. When the time comes, we will all get our chance with God. In the mean time, I say live to be a good person and pursue happiness. Life is too short to deny who you really are. 

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Here's the question, again. I think you may have missed it.

Quote:

If homosexuality is one of the many behaviors condemned by the Old Testament, right along with cutting one's hair, shaving, wearing clothes of mixed fabrics (you probably know this better than I do), why is this one singled out?

How do you know which parts of the bible you follow and believe? Is it blind faith in your minister's translation? Is there a hidden message in the New Testament that states gays are still to be persecuted? Or is it that you love the power it gives you over others?

Quoting Anonymous:

I push nothing on anyone... But as a loving Christian I feel I have to say something to people I know who are sinning to give them a chance to realize and repent on their own, I would state my piece and leave it at that.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

tifbrown
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Oh public school :)

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Our first day of high school, my homeroom teacher gave us a spiel about boys only wanting sex, and if we were going to, the counselors gave free condoms, and wouldn't tell our parents. LMAO. 

Quoting tifbrown:

Hahahaha! Dammit! I guess I should proof read instead of relying on spell check alone. That made me laugh, good catch. But, in all seriousness, everyone should wear condoms haha.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I agree with you =)

Quoting tifbrown:

God gave all of us free will. Free will to be who we are, think for ourselves and decipher information in our own way. I am spiritual with Christian values, but there are many things I do not believe. I don't see how God can condom people who are gay when I have known gay couples who share beautiful and profound love for one another. When the time comes, we will all get our chance with God. In the mean time, I say live to be a good person and pursue happiness. Life is too short to deny who you really are. 

Tiffany

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
And what I have to say stands ! Mmkay.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Quote:

If homosexuality is one of the many behaviors condemned by the Old Testament, right along with cutting one's hair, shaving, wearing clothes of mixed fabrics (you probably know this better than I do), why is this one singled out?

Quoting Anonymous:

I push nothing on anyone... But as a loving Christian I feel I have to say something to people I know who are sinning to give them a chance to realize and repent on their own, I would state my piece and leave it at that.

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I expected some deflection, I guess. No hard feelings for not wanting to question/explain your beliefs!

Quoting Anonymous:

And what I have to say stands ! Mmkay.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Quote:

Quoting Anonymous:

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I know. What was even funnier is that she was a hardcore conservative, Christian Momma! 

Quoting tifbrown:

Oh public school :)

Quoting m3lissa_16:

Quoting tifbrown:

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I agree with you =)

Quoting tifbrown:

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

NDADanceMom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

My opinoin is the only sins I need to worry about are my own.  I do not think God intended homosexuality.  I think that it is ok that my church doesnt perform gay marriage.

I do not think the state should have the same rules.  The state should not concern its self with sin.  If gay couples want a civil ceremony, that should be ok.  

If your god didn't intend for people to be gay then how did it come about? A cranky worker on the assembly line that decided to install "likes guys" genes in some of the men perhaps? If you are going to argue that an all knowing god created humans then how can you argue that some of us are faulty?

The same reason people are born blind, with downs, with diabetes.  There is a hormonal change in the person that creates a desire for the same sex.  All people have value but nobody is perfect.  Why are you arguing with me anyway?  Are you saying gay people should force the catholic church to marry them? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM
We as Christians, (speaking for myself) love everyone, including gays, (I have family members who are gay) but we don't have to condone what they do. So using HATE is a very strong word!
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on May. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

So, as a Christian, how do you decide which parts of the bible you believe and live by, and which ones you see as insignificant or not relelvant today?

Quoting Anonymous:

We as Christians, (speaking for myself) love everyone, including gays, (I have family members who are gay) but we don't have to condone what they do. So using HATE is a very strong word!

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I haven't read other replies...but this one made me LOL. Everyone else has the right to believe, but you have the right to KNOW. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

we follow the entire bible meaning the new and the old testament. The entire bible is truth to us. Just like everyone is entitled to believe its right to be gay or whatever,we have the right to know that lifestyle is wrong and unacceptable to God.We don't have to prove our faith to you or anyone else.you aren't going to change what we believe. We know the truth and it has made us free from the wages of death which is sin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN