Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding... ****edit on page 3***

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I get it ok! It's the very best thing for a baby/toddler/kid/ but HOW LONG? 3 years 4 years 5 years? Are we all supposed to be going home to our mommies and breastfeeding because it's the very best thing for us? I'm 26 years old, is that old enough for getting the very best thing????? Is 30???? I'm sure everyone's seen the TIME magazine cover of breastfeeding a 3 year old, and yes this is in response to that. I see comments where it's ok to breastfeed a 3 year old/ no that's too long etc. But I mean come on when is the cut off mamas?!

P.S. The only reason I'm posting anonymously is because I don't want to be labeled as the mama who doesn't know how long a baby should be breastfed, although I have to admit, it really is hard to tell. 

Response: Thank you all for answering. It was very informative to read all of your responses. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (161-161):
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yes, because that is called ACTIVE immunity.

Quoting youngs_wifey05:

True! :) But you don't really want a baby getting sick to get the antibodies, right?

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

you also develop antibodies from getting sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Educate yourself, please. You don't get antibodies from eating your broccoli.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think after a certain age like 5 years old, it should be deemed sexual indecency. There is no reason your child needs breastmilk after 12 months, if you are giving him proper nutrition with solid foods. Children also do not need cows milk either. We don't need milk to survive past 6 months of age. I think mothers who continue are sick in the head. Its almost as if they get some weird pleasure from having a school aged child suck their nipples.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)