Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hospital left the fetus in the SINK!! **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 187 Replies

My mother was pregnant with twins. She miscarried the first a few weeks ago and the second tonight, she was around 15 weeks. She'd been cramping and bleeding for a while but at dinner she felt a "gush", she told her SO she needed to go to the hospital. She "delivered"? and the nurses tended to her but everyone just left the fetus in the sink in the room with her.

The f***ing SINK. A dead baby!! She can see that it's a boy and they say they're coming to take it back to the lab soon for testing but that was like twenty minutes ago and still nothing, and she has ASKED to have the baby taken out of the room several times. 

Who the hell does something like that!!?!?! I seriously want to call up the hospital and ream them for doing something so careless and stupid!

***EDIT***

Troll? Seriously? Why in the hell would anyone make something like this up? There are some sick trolls out there but usually their posts are easy to spot and fun to mess with but THIS?! Some of you people have zero compassion and are so mind-numbed by crap that has happened in the news lately that you can't spot a real story when you read one.

My mother was balling on the phone to me and I'm three states away and can't be with her, she's in a state where she has ZERO family other than my five year old brother. 

For those of you who posted stories relating or just showing sympathy, THANK YOU! It doesn't make what happened easier and I'm so sorry for all of what has happened to you guys. It truly brings to light how messed up some places are.

**UPDATE**

The chief of staff will be in after 1pm and I have a message left for him and will be calling him if he hasn't called me by 3

**UPDATE 2**

The chief of staff called me and was appalled, he is investigating and I will get a call back later today.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry :( that's heartbreaking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM
That's so sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anfinley89
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

WTF??? That is terrible!!! I would call for sure. No one should have to deal with that. What kind of people are in the world these days

midnight_storm
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM
That's just terrible! Very insensitive. I hope your mom's ok and that she's able to grieve her loss in peace soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

omg that has got to hurt her so much to sit there and have to see that! I am so sorry...I would be raising hell about this, that is extremely disrespectful to your mother! She is going thru enough, that is horrible! 

twohearts0810
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Hold on....your mother????
Is this a bedtime story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My GIL had to labor in the HALLWAY for like 20 hrs because their were no rooms for her?!?!?! 

That was decades ago, but things like that NOWADAYS?!!?! Terrible! I would totally report that shit!!

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Apparently hospitals hire fucktards now......I am sooooo sorry for your mother! That is just heartbreaking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM
10 moms liked this

I find this story highly unlikely. No hospital in America would leave a stillborn fetus in a sink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)