Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

loose tooth help !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My six year old DS has had a loose tooth for about a month. I keep telling him to wash his hands and play with the tooth. Well two weeks ago my FIL him if he plays with the tooth to much he will mess up his teeth forever! OMG now he is so afraid and wont even bite from the front anymore.

Should I take him to the dentist or just let it fall out on its own.? When I was little my mom would give me an apple or something hard and it would come right out. Any tips to make him not scared?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parentalrights1
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Tell him "grandpa is an idiot" and then tie a string to his tooth and tie the other end to the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2012 at 1:56 AM
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM

take him to the dentist and let the dentist tell him what is right and what could happen if he doesn't take it out on his own. Good Luck

Mama2Jaelyn
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I say take if to a dentist if you can afford it, if not sit down and explain it to him that grampa is silly and feed him lots of apples! Biting into an apple can help a stubborn tooth along! Tell him to tell the tooth fairy "hi" for me!

simple smile

BabiiYarellie
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM
I pulled out all my loose teeth when I was little...no help...
Mamaknowsbest26
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:28 AM

See if a dentist would be willing to simply talk to him, to settle his fears. Find some videos on youtube that show kids pulling out their teeth - but make sure they don't act like it hurts!

We watched America's FUnniest Home Videos once and they had a segment on weird tooth extractions. One kid even tied his tooth with a string to a nerf dart, and shot the gun and it yanked his tooth out. Make him understand it's normal. Teach him about a deciduous tree, so he can relate it to the leaves. I also think it's sort of something one has to experience before he can understand it's not going to hurt, or cause permanent damage to his teeth coming in.

weirdkids
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 5:09 AM

my daughters first LOOSE tooth, i put her in a head lock and pulled it out. she laughed for about an hour (tooth fairy hooked her up with $10 for letting mom yank it) she had one pulled prior by the dentist because it had turned green and was starting to abcess. she fell when she was a year old and broke the root so it was dead. it took the dentist 4 years to decide to yank it. glad they did though, she was funny lookin. it still hasnt grown back.

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Grab a pair of plyers and pull it out.

Smack Grandpa!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debbie26
by Debbie on May. 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM

I let my DDs come out on its own but just the night before last the bottom was barely hanging on by like a corner and it sat in sideways that i tried to get it but she wouldn't let me then she went to look in the mirror and came back with the tooth..

but i never herd what FIL said

debbie26
by Debbie on May. 11, 2012 at 6:05 AM

you know as mean as that sounds I said that to my S/O cause my DD wouldn't let me go near her tooth if i tried to feel it she'd come close but back away like i touched it when i didn'tget a chance....I thought about it but was like no I might traumatize her from here on out

Quoting weirdkids:

my daughters first LOOSE tooth, i put her in a head lock and pulled it out. she laughed for about an hour (tooth fairy hooked her up with $10 for letting mom yank it) she had one pulled prior by the dentist because it had turned green and was starting to abcess. she fell when she was a year old and broke the root so it was dead. it took the dentist 4 years to decide to yank it. glad they did though, she was funny lookin. it still hasnt grown back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN