Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why why why??? (Or Adventures in Night Auditing, episode ... erm ... 376? IDK anymore...)

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM
  • 41 Replies

Why do people think that I should change my room rate because they, "just wanted to crash"??? 

The fact that you didn't plan your drunken night out correctly does NOT mean that I'm going to give you a $120 room for $60. The fact that it's midnight does not either. The fact that you don't want our wireless internet or free breakfast also does not lower your room rate. Certainly not by 50% ... 

If you want a $60 room, go to one of the craptastic whore and drug infested hotels by the beach. Don't look at me like I'm insane because I'm quoting you a reasonable price for a GOOD, CLEAN, SECURE hotel room. 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I know in some cities, Lake Tahoe for instance,.you absolutely can get a reduced "its 2am and I'm drunk" rate...
standrdeviation
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

When I have plans to go out and get drunk in another town, I always book my hotel room at least a week in advance.  

AnnieMcD
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I can do that, but it's never half off. The lowest I probably could have gone was 90... She was like "Umm, I just wanted to crash" ... yeah, I get that, I just want to keep my job. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I know in some cities, Lake Tahoe for instance,.you absolutely can get a reduced "its 2am and I'm drunk" rate...

AnnieMcD
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

The hotel workers of the world both applaud and thank you. :o) 

Quoting standrdeviation:

When I have plans to go out and get drunk in another town, I always book my hotel room at least a week in advance.  

TygerLily62
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, well they don't want you driving down 50 drunk. I think there's incentive for them to give you a deal in that case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll have to find you when I visit my gpa in SC... I'll pretend to be a drunken snot trying to get a deal. I will then come to cm and talk about this insane woman who denied a poor woman in need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Lol, forget 50! Kingsbury! But yeah, I get your point. And I'm glad they do it!

Quoting TygerLily62:

Yeah, well they don't want you driving down 50 drunk. I think there's incentive for them to give you a deal in that case.

Quoting Anonymous:

midnight_storm
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's crazy! Dh and I made an emergency trip out of state, our dd was in the hospital from a bad car accident, we didn't expect reduced rates because we didn't plan ahead. We also didn't check in for x amount of days, because we weren't sure until later in the day if we'd have coverage for our jobs the next day. I'm sure it cost us more because of this, but hey it's not the hotel clerks fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSchimmel
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I always book my hotels in advance. I almost always have our dog with us and it is way easier to book and pay online and just pick up a key rather than scramble from hotel to hotel to find one that accepts pets. But I don't think anyone should get a discount because they " just want to crash". You are sleeping there overnight, The hotel still has to clean your room and pay their employees. Why should they give you a discount, the whole point of a hotel is to have somewhere to sleep..
AnnieMcD
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Only if you then tell me it's you and give me a big ol' hug! :o) 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

I'll have to find you when I visit my gpa in SC... I'll pretend to be a drunken snot trying to get a deal. I will then come to cm and talk about this insane woman who denied a poor woman in need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)