Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gift for Baby Shower host?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

So, hubby and I are due with our 3rd sweet little baby on June 3rd

Our moms are throwing us a baby shower tomorrow, which they've done for each baby.

I want to do something special for them as a thank you. What can I do?

I didn't want to go with a wrapped gift because Mothers Day is also this weekend and they'll be getting presents.

I wish I could think of something creative.. taking them out for dinner just doesn't seem special enough. Any ideas? I could use some help! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Spa day? Mini mani and pedi?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Maybe a gift card to a salon or day spa?
Planning a baby shower is stressful.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
If their hosting at their house, maybe hire a service to come in and clean up after...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM

If u still have all of your kids ultrasound pictures you could put them in a larger frame with each childs newborn pics with it and leave an open spot for the newest babies pic.  I did it for my mom and she loved it!

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM
What a beautiful idea! I love this!

Thank you

Quoting lanes_mom0109:

If u still have all of your kids ultrasound pictures you could put them in a larger frame with each childs newborn pics with it and leave an open spot for the newest babies pic.  I did it for my mom and she loved it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxbyamomentx
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Personally, I don't feel that gifts are necessary, but cleaning up the venue after the shower is common courtesy and if you feel like you still need to do something, maybe take them out for dinner or a movie? We threw a friend a shower a few years back and didn't get or expect to get anything but a thank you.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

An emily post book?  You could highlight the section where immediate family cant throw a shower because its tacky.  It should be a distant relative or friend. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM
This was the only other thing I could think of besides taking them out for dinner. Something relaxing. What woman doesn't love to be pampered, right?

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Maybe a gift card to a salon or day spa?

Planning a baby shower is stressful.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie0402
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe a bottle of their favorite wine in a gift basket with a gift card and a few other things I can't think of lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Ya, we didn't give them a gift the last 2 times.. but we did help clean up afterward. And gave them thank you cards.

This time we'd love to do something special for them. Dinner was the plan but I wish I could think of something more creative.

I do love the ultrasound / baby photos frames idea that a PP had.

Quoting xxbyamomentx:

Personally, I don't feel that gifts are necessary, but cleaning up the venue after the shower is common courtesy and if you feel like you still need to do something, maybe take them out for dinner or a movie? We threw a friend a shower a few years back and didn't get or expect to get anything but a thank you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)