Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We took in strangers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yesterday my car broke down. When my dad came with to tow it to his house some people stopped. They had all their stuff in a car and a baby. I talked and she asked if we knew people hiring and her husband helped my dh and dad with my car. Well I found out they had no where to go and they had a 6 month old little boy. I offered to let them come to our house and have dinner and a place to sleep for the night. I helped them find a family shelter and I am still helping them some today. I believe in paying it forward. Would you do what we did? No nothing was stolen and nothing crazy happened.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.AmandaD.
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I would want to offer, but my husband is paranoid, he probably would say no.

juliette12
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
good for you,,I probably wouldnt
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I wouldn't have honestly. I'd have looked up shelters for them right there. You just can't trust people anymore. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Not sure what I'd do. Depends on the "vibe" I got off them, I think I'd be worried about it biting me in the ass though but idk I could leave the child... Anyway, good for you for doing the right thing and it not biting you in the ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! If I could of done that, I would do it as well. Good Karma, now watch, because of that...you'll win the lottery or something. =) Yay to you!

you rock

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have allowed a lady with her 2 year old stay with me. I met her at a gas station she was all beat up and her baby was hungry. We became best friends (:
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

no I wouldn't.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I would and I have. That is great that you helped like that. I don't think most people would. The reason I would not have been to scared is because of their baby. That is paying it forward. Happy Mothers Day

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on May. 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

this exactly!

Good for you tho :) If you believe in karma, just know yours is coming :)

Quoting Mrs.AmandaD.:

I would want to offer, but my husband is paranoid, he probably would say no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Quoting HIJKLM:

Not sure what I'd do. Depends on the "vibe" I got off them, I think I'd be worried about it biting me in the ass though but idk I could leave the child... Anyway, good for you for doing the right thing and it not biting you in the ass.

I  got a good vibe that is why i offered

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)