Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She Had to BRIBE Her Son to Get What She Wanted for Mother's Day!

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this

She bribed her kid to get the Mother's Day gift she desperately wanted that year - her son to cut his overgrown surfer-dude hair! But it ultimately cost her more than the price of the haircut - watch to find out why.

Would you ever bribe your kid to get you a certain gift, for Mother's Day or any holiday? Or would you resort to bribes for ANY reason when it comes to your kids?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We believe that our kids bodies are theirs and they can do what they want with it.

That being said. I've bribed my kids for extra good behavior for special events.

reyna09
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this

i wouldnt bribe my son for a gift...but i might bribe him to do better in school or behave better ..

.Beloved.
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I think everyone bribes their children to an extent whether it's good behavior, good grades or just finishing a meal.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I'm with you... hair is NOT a big deal to me and if my boys want long hair, I say "whatever".  Now, when it comes to grades, activities, etc.  I might resort to bribery.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

We believe that our kids bodies are theirs and they can do what they want with it.

That being said. I've bribed my kids for extra good behavior for special events.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Me too!

Quoting reyna09:

i wouldnt bribe my son for a gift...but i might bribe him to do better in school or behave better ..

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Do you think having "well-groomed" hair falls into this category?

Quoting .Beloved.:

I think everyone bribes their children to an extent whether it's good behavior, good grades or just finishing a meal.

10yrsapart9505
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

My work restricts the videos so i cant watch it, can someone please tell me what happens?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

The confession is from a woman who bribed her son to cut his hair for mother's day.  She paid for the cut and gave him $50 to boot. 

Quoting 10yrsapart9505:

My work restricts the videos so i cant watch it, can someone please tell me what happens?

momof3_2011
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I agree

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm with you... hair is NOT a big deal to me and if my boys want long hair, I say "whatever".  Now, when it comes to grades, activities, etc.  I might resort to bribery.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

10yrsapart9505
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

OIC, thank you.  So is the extra $50 what the OP is referring to when she says: "But it ultimately cost her more than the price of the haircut"

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

The confession is from a woman who bribed her son to cut his hair for mother's day.  She paid for the cut and gave him $50 to boot. 

Quoting 10yrsapart9505:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN