Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She Had to BRIBE Her Son to Get What She Wanted for Mother's Day!

Posted by   + Show Post

She bribed her kid to get the Mother's Day gift she desperately wanted that year - her son to cut his overgrown surfer-dude hair! But it ultimately cost her more than the price of the haircut - watch to find out why.

Would you ever bribe your kid to get you a certain gift, for Mother's Day or any holiday? Or would you resort to bribes for ANY reason when it comes to your kids?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM

lol smh

southern.momof2
by Pirate on May. 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I don't bribe them for good behavior but I do reward good behavior. The hair thing wouldn't bother me. My 4 year old DD wants to dye the tips of her hair pink so we are going to do the chalking.

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on May. 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quoting .Beloved.:

I think everyone bribes their children to an extent whether it's good behavior, good grades or just finishing a meal.

DianeJ40
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I like to think of it as a reward not a bribe, lol. 

The hair thing doesn't bother me.  My son had long hair and the rules were that he had to keeps his grades up and be well behaved.  He fulfilled the requirements.

AJB163
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Nope I wouldn't. Heck, I'm going out on Mother's Day to buy with money I help bring to the table to get a DQ ice cream cake, some chicken and potato salad. I'm not even sure if DH got me anything... Which doesn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyCondo
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to refer to it as an incentive program...

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

No .I'm not a briber.

fallenangel7386
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I agree with this. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

We believe that our kids bodies are theirs and they can do what they want with it.

That being said. I've bribed my kids for extra good behavior for special events.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Yes.

Quoting 10yrsapart9505:

OIC, thank you.  So is the extra $50 what the OP is referring to when she says: "But it ultimately cost her more than the price of the haircut"

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

The confession is from a woman who bribed her son to cut his hair for mother's day.  She paid for the cut and gave him $50 to boot. 

Quoting 10yrsapart9505:

My work restricts the videos so i cant watch it, can someone please tell me what happens?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It'll look so cute!  My highschool aged daughter had blond hair with pink roots last fall and it was so fabulous on her!  :)

Quoting southern.momof2:

I don't bribe them for good behavior but I do reward good behavior. The hair thing wouldn't bother me. My 4 year old DD wants to dye the tips of her hair pink so we are going to do the chalking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)