Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone has it worse, so quit sweatin' the small stuff....

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

People complain about the smallest things and frankly, if those are the things you have to complain about, consider your life blessed. Your MIL coughed on your kid? Huh, mine's a raging alcoholic who makes promises she has no intention of keeping to my children. We have to lie about where my daughter's t-ball games are so she doesn't come and cause a scene. You "had" to spank your child today? My SO was beat on a daily basis by his mother ALL growing up. Your father is a pain in the ass? Mine died at 46 years old on July 13, 2011...the day before my daughter's 5th birthday. My mother gets up every morning remembering that she lost her soul mate...my daughter cries herself to sleep because she misses her Papa. My SO's parents are about as useless as the pills and beer they drink, so my children don't really have a full set of grandparents. If your family makes the effort, whether or not it's the effort you would choose, acknowledge that it's there. So many people just write off a side of their family for petty shit. I don't understand it, but children aren't little pawns....

People aren't going to always do what you think they should do, so as long as they're not abusing your child or harming anything, allow them to be themselves and shit, a cold isn't going to kill your child.

Know what I miss terribly? I miss bringing my kids to my mom's and having their Papa hand over a bag of chocolate to them...at 7am. I miss him giving them 10 mini peanut butter cups right before dinner. THAT was love and I would never question him being himself. Maybe that's why my family is closer than most I know...we accept eachother for who we are.

Here's where I say I forgot what kind of women I'm talking to on here...I'm not complaining about my problems, I'm stating what's going on in my life. I'm not a moron, I know others have it worse than me...that's my point. Too many people don't look at the positives in their life. I mean, go ahead and piss about a hang nail, piss about your smudged makeup, complain about how your child got jelly on your Gucci bag. Whatever, the general population would be a lot happier if they remembered the positive instead of dwelling on the negative.

by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Im sorry and I understand what you are saying however if someone always has it worse, why are you complaining? Someone has it worse than you so by your theory, you are not allowed to complain

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I'm sorry for your loss!

xomrs.chase
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loss and his upbringing- but people have had it worse than you too. Its not fair to belittle someone because they have different problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because someone's problems aren't as great as yours, doesn't make them any less of a problem.
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM

But why can I not have small problems that worry me? Maybe my life is normally great by I am stressing over a hangnail. So what? Just because I don't have a traumatic problem does diminish the fact that my hangnail bothers me.

abbymomo2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I'm certainly not complaining, I'm stating how it is in my life. Too many people sweat the small things in life and lose perspective on what's true in their life. People get wrapped up in the whirlwind and general negativity of society. People are too willing and quick to throw family out of their lives. People are too quick to tell everyone else how to raise their children. I wasn't complaining about anything in my life...I accept it for what it is, process it and try to move on. However, I couldn't fathom bitching about my sister eating my yogurt, a fellow employee walking by without saying hi, cutting a grandparent out because they gave my child icecream, etc.

Quoting mommy_me:

Im sorry and I understand what you are saying however if someone always has it worse, why are you complaining? Someone has it worse than you so by your theory, you are not allowed to complain

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. I will also say that sometimes what you consider the small stuff is major to someone else.

Quoting mommy_me:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymomo2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting Tesserae:

But why can I not have small problems that worry me? Maybe my life is normally great by I am stressing over a hangnail. So what? Just because I don't have a traumatic problem does diminish the fact that my hangnail bothers me.

and if a hangnail is going to worry you, you've got bigger issues than a hang nail.

I find it sad that people will find ANYTHING to piss and moan about instead of appreciating their lives.

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hangnails hurt. Ok, I'm stressing on all my tests I have to take since this semester is almost over. That's the best I got. Stop hating on people who don't have major issues. It can't be healthy.

Quoting abbymomo2:

Quoting Tesserae:

and if a hangnail is going to worry you, you've got bigger issues than a hang nail.

I find it sad that people will find ANYTHING to piss and moan about instead of appreciating their lives.

cherrywaves21
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM
This. You know what OP others have it worse than you do quit your complaining. Not so nice is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because someone's problems aren't as great as yours, doesn't make them any less of a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN