Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The driving while texting ban is finally happening here & people are pissed. WTH?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

I don't understand why people are so angry about this. I think it'll prevent so many accidents. Would the law upset you?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma0ffive
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I think texting is a distraction but not talking... Its just like taking to someone in your car....

My friend got pulled over the other day.... No lie .... For eating while driving. Dumb ass cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
10yrsapart9505
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Considering the law here basically states that if a police officer pulls you over on suspision of texting while driving he can try to fine you.  HOWEVER he cannot check your phone to prove anything.  You can say that you were looking at an email (ironic, but its not illegal...yet)  or checking the clock or hanging up from a phone call etc etc and get out of it.  Theres always  a loop hole and no reason to get angry.

pinkstar3
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Really?? Why not ban talking on the cell phone. That just pisses me
Off when I see people talk on their cell phone while driving smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this

It is killing almost as many people as drinking and driving. It needs to be outlawed. I lived without cell phones for 2/3 of my life because they did not EXIST. People do not need to be connected, every second of every day.

Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on May. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

It should have been banned a long time ago. In my opinion, texting and driving is WAY more dangerous than talking on the phone while driving. At least when talking on the the phone, your eyes and attention are still on the road. Texting while driving is so STUPID, and any one who does it and fails to see the danger is STUPID.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on May. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Here texting and talking on the phone while driving is illegal. I think its better that way. I was driving next to an suv the other day and the chick was seriously checking her fb while driving. Really? Is fb that freaking important that you can't wait until you're at your destination?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bry36
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I work for a cell company and am very attached to my devices. However with so many different devices out on the market right now there is no reason to have your hands and eyes anywhere but on the road you can have a hands free and use text to talk or just have any number of things in your car that you dont need to be distracted by looking down at your phone or having one hand off the wheel talking in it eaither

wolvesfire
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not drive yet. But Dh is going to let me practice driving when he comes to see me in August and help me learn how to pump gas as I told him he has to help show me how to do that. My husband doesn't text often. If someone is calling him while we're in the car we wait until we're at a red light before he calls them (usually one of his brothers) or he has me call the number for him. But usually he ignores it and waits until we reach our destination. I may decide to cancel my phone early. Not sure as it will cost me $200 for early termination fee. But no I'd keep my eyes on the road. If calling someone or texting is really important then you should wait until you are at your destination or pull over to the side of the road/highway or pull into a parking lot and do it there. The people who are pissed are probably the idiots who have it glued to their ears 24/7 and don't know how to live without it.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

no i think it is great

2littledaisies
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Its the law here too & people still do it anyway.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)