Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ITS NOT LAZY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I seriously hate it when someone refers to ff as being 'lazy'.
How is it lazy?

1.you have to clean and sanitize the bottles and nipples.
2. You have to boil water so its sanitized and prepare the formula.
3. You have to make sure its the right amount of water and formula so baby doesnt get consitpated or have stomach upset.
4. You have to prepare the bottles.
5. You have to get the bottles temperature JUST right.

Now bf:
1. Whip your tit out.
2. Put baby on tit.

So HOW is it lazy?

ETA: i bf'd and ff.
I KNOW bf is hard the furst couple months. I was alone so no her biodad did not feed her during the day or night. I fed her. Only me. After my milk dried out i had to ff. She was only 4 weeks old.

I know both sides. So dont lecture me on it.
And if your so 'offended' by the word 'tit' please excuse yourself because obviously you are not an adult.

Its a tit-boob-breast.
Same shit.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (131-140):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I believe there are situations in which breastfeeding is absolutely not the right things to do, but in most cases it is.

I don't have any distain for people who use formula, but I believe whole heartedly that in most cases formula is used for the wrong reasons and it's a bad choice.

Just like I think going to McDonalds every night for dinner is a bad choice. It doesn't nessecarily make someone a bad parent, but it's not the best food to put into your child on a daily basis.

We ALL make bad choices, just because I think FF is a bad choice does not at all mean that I think you're a bad person or a bad mother.

Quoting mcr17:

maybe because to me, it wasnt a bad choice. it was a very good choice for my child,

the way you word everything shows your obvious distain for FFing parents

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say that at all. I have plenty of friends who use formula and they are amazing mothers. I think it was a poor choice but I don't think it means someone is a horrible person. The act itself isn't very caring in my opinion.

And you're right in that it's none of my business, just like people who choose to formula feed shouldn't get bent out of shape when someone tells them it was a poor choice. I couldn't imagine feeding my kids that stuff, it makes me cringe, just because I feel that way and you don't doesn't make one of us a better or worse parent, there are A LOT worse things to happen to a child then to be formula fed. I don't understand how it's my problem by saying that you made a bad choice. Have some confidence in knowing that you did what you feel is best for your family even though I would roll over and die if I gave my kids formula.

Quoting mcr17:

it doesnt matter what the choice is for FFing, its none of your business

How horrible we must be for considering the feelings of the childs father, who wants to bond with the baby as much as we do.

Apparently you just love your kids more than we love ours.Our children still get just as much nutrition as a child that BFs,

Quoting Anonymous:

It's lazy because people don't want to put forth the effort for the first few days/weeks.

It's lazy because so many moms want to make sure dad can help feed the baby at night.

It's lazy because it doesn't even come close to matching breastmilk and everyone knows this but continue to let their children have second best. My kids are worth more then second best.

Schleetle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Yes it does, but unless you breastfeed in the future you won't understand why I say that. Both methods take effort, and can be difficult in different ways. Really I have nothing against either choice, I FF my twins.

Quoting mcr17:

no. but that doesnt mean i dont know what goes into it.

Quoting Schleetle:

Have you breastfed?

Quoting mcr17:

what else really goes into BF other than that?

Quoting Schleetle:

Neither is completely easy, neither makes the person lazy. The way you described breastfeeding is sort of ridiculous though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

yeah they do. sorry.

i gaurantee you that my child is just as if not more healthy than yours.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting mcr17:

it doesnt matter what the choice is for FFing, its none of your business

How horrible we must be for considering the feelings of the childs father, who wants to bond with the baby as much as we do.

Apparently you just love your kids more than we love ours.Our children still get just as much nutrition as a child that BFs,

Quoting Anonymous:

It's lazy because people don't want to put forth the effort for the first few days/weeks.

It's lazy because so many moms want to make sure dad can help feed the baby at night.

It's lazy because it doesn't even come close to matching breastmilk and everyone knows this but continue to let their children have second best. My kids are worth more then second best.

No they dont. Sorry.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM

My mom accused me of being lazy because I breastfed. However my firsr was a premie and I BF so I could give her every advantage.

The thing about Bfing for me, that bottle mamas don;'t have to consider is restricted diet. I had to be careful with what I ate because my babies (all 5 of them) had sensitive tummies and so I had to eat a bland diet to keep them from having tummy aches.

That being said NOTHING about being the mom of a newborn is lazy. It is a lot of work and sleepless nights (tho well worth it)no matter how you feed your baby

gemikris82
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:23 PM

lol @ tit.  it cracks me up how some people get their panties in a twist over the smallest things

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol i really dont care.
Tit.

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Grow up and use an adult word instead of being crude and using "tit" and perhaps I would hear you out.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM
No shit Sherlock.

Quoting mcr17:

then dont drink it.

Quoting ColieO:

Exactly! I do think formula is gross though. I supplemented with my first. That shit was God awful nasty.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don`t think formula feeding is lazy!

It`s too much work, thats why I breastfed! haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

not everyone can bf.  my ss mother wasnt around and obviously i cant bf for her when he was an infant.  so we had to ff him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

When you have the choice and choose not to, then it's a bad choice. When you can't because of something serious then that is no one's fault.

And even when it's just a choice, it's just my opinion that it's a bad choice.

Quoting gemikris82:

Quoting Anonymous:

not everyone can bf.  my ss mother wasnt around and obviously i cant bf for her when he was an infant.  so we had to ff him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

It's easier then breastmilk!!!

MrsErdos2011
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I'm too lazy to formula feed

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN