Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ITS NOT LAZY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I seriously hate it when someone refers to ff as being 'lazy'.
How is it lazy?

1.you have to clean and sanitize the bottles and nipples.
2. You have to boil water so its sanitized and prepare the formula.
3. You have to make sure its the right amount of water and formula so baby doesnt get consitpated or have stomach upset.
4. You have to prepare the bottles.
5. You have to get the bottles temperature JUST right.

Now bf:
1. Whip your tit out.
2. Put baby on tit.

So HOW is it lazy?

ETA: i bf'd and ff.
I KNOW bf is hard the furst couple months. I was alone so no her biodad did not feed her during the day or night. I fed her. Only me. After my milk dried out i had to ff. She was only 4 weeks old.

I know both sides. So dont lecture me on it.
And if your so 'offended' by the word 'tit' please excuse yourself because obviously you are not an adult.

Its a tit-boob-breast.
Same shit.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (161-166):
briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Lol.

Right? I missed the memo where bf moms were the only ones who have to feed babies every 2 to 3 hours. It was torture with Brielle. She ate a lot. When I didn't feel like making a bottle, I popped out my tit. Problem solved. I was too lazy to get up and make bottles lol. I.e why ff can sometimes be harder.
Quoting emeraldangel20:

yes, they are. i remember being in fucking tears cause of sleep deprivation. i formula fed.

every mom, regardless of how they feed, are up every few hours. it's called having a newborn

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope.

Quoting opal10161973:

Um...so are Formula feeders. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bf takes a lot of work and energy. Bfers are up every two to three hours in the first few months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on May. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I didn't see that post but it was a huge pain in the ass, I pumped at work, but I had to do it in the bathroom, that was the only place with a door, I also had to plug in an extension cord and take it in the bathroom because there was no plug in. It sucked! Literally and figuratively!

Quoting luvcloudydays:

If this is about that other post, I called her lazy because she doesn't want to go through the process of pumping her breastmilk for her baby so she can go to work. She CAN do it at work, they WILL provide a room for her. She knows it's the best for her baby, but she doesnt want to do all the work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on May. 12, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I think ff is much more work than bf, especially at night. I love how EASY it is for me to just put ds on breast and go back to sleep. I don't think either is easy though, both have easy parts and hard parts. and neither makes you lazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on May. 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Me too! I don't understand why someone would want to go through that much trouble when they have the perfect found right in their own boobies!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don`t think formula feeding is lazy!

It`s too much work, thats why I breastfed! haha

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yes, pumping comes with the breastfeeding territory.

However, exclusively pumping breastmilk for your infant you intended on breastfeeding is quite difficult and stressful.  I would have loved if he could have simply breastfed in the beginning and that pumping was simply to provide breastmilk for when I was away.

I was THERE but he could only get my pumped breastmilk.  The saddest experience ever.

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

Pumping Milk come's with the territory. How else is the baby going to get fed while I am away. I am current;y Breastfeeding my 3rd child, and I have to pump everyday so they had food everyday.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

I breastfeed

I have to spend 1-2 hrs a day breastfeeding.

Mark bags with dates when they were stored with milk

sterilize breast pumps

sterilize bottles and prepare them

Breastfeeding is a lot more work than your two steps you have listed.

Ummm....that's pumping breastmilk, NOT breastfeeding.

I pumped b/c my son wouldn't latch.  I wished EVERY DAY that he would latch.  He didn't.  So, I pumped.

And, THAT is hardest!!! 

Breastfeeding = easiest (after initial sore nipples and latching issues)

Formula = not as easy as breastfeeding (bottles, cost, measuring, getting up to prepare bottles, etc.)

Pumping = SO HARD!  I would feed my son previous pumped milk....when he was done eating I SO wanted to just go to sleep, but I needed to stay up and pump more for the next feeding.  Also, I was alone during it all.  It would have been better if I could have had someone else to give my son his bottle of breastmilk while I pumped....but I was alone.  I fed him his bottle (which we all know takes a long time for an infant)....when he was done, I settled him back to sleep...and then I stayed up to pump more breastmilk (which takes more time).

I gave up after 4 weeks of pumping.  I was going crazy.  Literally.  NO SLEEP  -- AT ALL.

I cried when I 'surrendered' to formula (I had been supplementing all along).  I simply felt that my baby needed me to be rested and relaxed more than he needed my milk.  It was the most bittersweet moment of my life. 

Djinn83
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM
I breastfeeding because I loathe washing bottles. But, I still get up at night to change and burp my baby. Don't be an idiot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN