Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ugh! I've gained 42lbs already at 38wks, I'm 5'3" and started at 120lbs. My doctor hasn't said a word about my weight, but I feel like I've gained too much! I wonder how I'm ever going to lose the weight! How much have/did you gain and how hard was it to lose and how long did it take? I've had a lot of people say "wow you are all baby" and its the sweetest thing anyone could say at this point lol! Does/did anyone else feel like a huge cow the last weeks of your pregnancy?
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I only gained 17 from prepregnancy weight but I dropped 15 first trimester. So all in all I gained 32. I'm 5ft 4in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I gained 75, lost 25 the week of delivery - then within 6 months I had gained 35 back - so I'm now 85lbs heavier than I was before I got pregnant. I eat 1800 calories per day and walk 3 miles, carrying my 20lb baby in a carrier,  5-7 days per week and I can't lose one single LB! Did I mention that I exclusively breastfeed?

I don't know what the frick is wrong with me - but I am going to the doctors soon to see what's up!

Elayna90
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I lost a lot of weight in the first trimester and still haven't gained it all back.

With my first, I gained about 10 lbs and had lost it by my 6 wk pp appt. With my second, I gained about 40 and it took about 6 mos to lose it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i weight 114 before i got pregnant and went all the way up to 154.

my son is now 5 months old and im breastfeeding him but i havent been able to lose all the weight. i currently weigh 126. i feel like im never going to be able to go back to my pre pregnancy weight.

perezamberly
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I'm 32 weeks and I'm only up 2 lbs past my pre pregnancy weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Just had my first and I gained about 11lbs. She weighed 8. I was back to normal within three weeks. Thank goodness for the metabolism I inherited from my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I gained 40 with my first and lost it all within 5 weeks. I gained 15 with my second and lost it in 2 weeks. I felt like a cow by the end of both pregnancies. Lol. If you breast feed it goes away faster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I gained about 25lbs each pregnancy, and I am 5'1. I had no trouble losing the weight either time. My first were twins, but they were preemies so I never got to the big feel like a house stage. With my youngest baby I felt huge at the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
60 with my first, 20 with my second. I am I only 5'2" and that was a lot considering I started at 114. No two ways about it I was fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaAnne
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
With my first I gained 18lbs with second I gained 13 and with this one 7lbs and I'm 33 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)